• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP Hunter 3D's Upcoming Products (featuring Dawn 2.0)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I think I'd like the ribbon/band on the hat to be the same colour/material as the boots. If it was my textures I'd prob use the same colour as the hat for the heal as well. Love the colour of the cane

Doug Hunter

Busy Bee
Contributing Artist
I think I'd like the ribbon/band on the hat to be the same colour/material as the boots. If it was my textures I'd prob use the same colour as the hat for the heal as well. Love the colour of the cane

Yes, that lifted the look of the hat :D

For the heel:
I take you mean the back of the shoe rather than the stiletto?
Since the dress was not really made to be punk (I only added the hat & cane as an after thought) I decided to try with matching the heel with the dress.​
How's this?

Punk Green 01.jpg

Punk Green 02.jpg

Doug Hunter

Busy Bee
Contributing Artist
Here are the other two punk styles in close up;
Didn't know if people would go for the blood stains?

Punk Black Gold 02.jpg

Punk RedBlack 02.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Why is La Femme's stiletto shorter? I haven't had both of them in a scene together, so don't know if LF is taller than Dawn.

Doug Hunter

Busy Bee
Contributing Artist
Why is La Femme's stiletto shorter? I haven't had both of them in a scene together, so don't know if LF is taller than Dawn.
It's to do with how their feet pose.
LaFemme has a Metatarsal bend in the middle of her foot and I just liked the shape it gave to her foot.
Also too much weight map problems for LaFemme's boots if you go higher which you don't get with Dawn.
To go higher on the foot bend for LaFemme I'd want just shoes and no boots. Whereas Sabel is going to have both boots and shoes using the same .obj file.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Yes, that lifted the look of the hat :D

For the heel:
I take you mean the back of the shoe rather than the stiletto?
Since the dress was not really made to be punk (I only added the hat & cane as an after thought) I decided to try with matching the heel with the dress.​
Sorry I did mean the stiletto part not the back of the shoe (Stiletto is the name given to a slender heel on a high-heeled shoe/boot). On ladies shoes this part is called the heel and comes in different sizes and names. Don't ask me what the difference between Italian, Pin or Stiletto, I would have called all those 3 Stiletto heels lol. 2 other heels that are common but not listed below is a Block Heel (which as the name suggest are a squarish block that can be various heights, and the Kitten Heel which which is a short heel similar shape to the Stiletto but usually between 3.5 centimeters (1.5 inches) to 4.75 centimeters (1.75 inches) high (Stilettos are a lot taller, Kitten heels were named as such because they were like training heels for "Kittens" aka young girls yet to learn to walk in stilettos lol)
1610079037694.png

I like the shinier lighter green on the hat.

Miss B

CV-BEE
It's to do with how their feet pose.
LaFemme has a Metatarsal bend in the middle of her foot and I just liked the shape it gave to her foot.
Also too much weight map problems for LaFemme's boots if you go higher which you don't get with Dawn.
To go higher on the foot bend for LaFemme I'd want just shoes and no boots. Whereas Sabel is going to have both boots and shoes using the same .obj file.
Ahhhh, I think that's one of the things Chris considered doing for Dawn 2.0 when Ken1171 suggested it.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I like high boots too Earl, but they're usually more sporty than the short boots, which work well for slightly dressier outfits. At least that's how I view them.

Doug Hunter

Busy Bee
Contributing Artist
too short for my tastes.

Ah yes long boots, well I'm with you on that one :cool:

And they would certainly suit the punk look. But for this outfit the punk look isn't the main look and it isn't that "punk" in any case. Also I didn't want to go with the long boots for an evening dress - just doesn't work for what I was doing.

But here is what it would have looked like;

Boots z01.jpg

eclark1894

Visionary
Actually, I wasn't talking about the boots, but the shirt disguised as a dress, or the dress disguiesd as a shirt... whatever.:rolleyes:

Doug Hunter

Busy Bee
Contributing Artist
I have a question everyone:
I have two computer screens, and on one this dress & boots are blue but on the other screen they look almost purple.

So how do they appear to you. Blue or a violet purple?

Blue 01.jpg