• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

How To Write A Tutorial

paganeagle2001

Adventurous
Hi there, and I hope you will find this thread of use.

Writing a tutorial about anything can be a bit daunting to start off with, but hopefully the following tutorial will help you to overcome that fear.

I have written small tutorials and one very big one over the years.

The smaller ones have been for various 3D things and the big one was an entire computer course involving word processing, spreadsheets, email etc. The larger one took about 60 hours to complete and was put into operation with a qualification at the end of it.

So, as you can see I do know my way around writing things.

In the following post, you will find the tutorial (Yes I know it isn't there yet. Please give me time to write it), and I hope you will read it and go on to use it in the making of your own tutorials.

All the best.

Richard

paganeagle2001

Adventurous
Okay, here is an example of what I woulod say needs a hell of a lot of crap cutting from it:-

http://fowtcg.com/pdf/FoW_CR_5.4_20160308.pdf

The above is a link to the rule of a card game I am learning to play. Now, if you follow it you will see this has been written for what I would consider judges of the game, not for the players.

Some of it is so tootling obvious!!!

Example:-

Basic Concept

Player
: One who p
lays the game. On each turn, the player who performs the turnis called the turn player, and the other player is called the non-turn player.

Owner
: The owner of a card is the player who brings the card at the beginning of the game.

Please take a little time to just have a look and see how this could be made so much better if a real player of the game! Lol.

All the best.

Richard

paganeagle2001

Adventurous
And just to show I do like feedback. I have had a nice review sent to me by robert952 and I will be using that to update and improve my first version.

I should also have added in the tutorial this little bit.

No any one part of a tutorial is precious that it cannot be changed.

I NEVER think that everything I write cannot be improved in one way or another and by getting constructive criticism I can improve my tutorial to be as best as they can be.

The one thing I did note to myself once I had posted the tutorial was about getting more info on how to display various colours for those that are colour blind or visually impaired. I'll be looking into this as a very high priority as I want my tutorial to include, not exclude people.

In fact I will be opening a new thread on getting feedback about how people with various eye conditions see various colours etc. I'm also wondering if it would be better to i8ncrease the size of the text in my tutorials to make it easier on the eye. Yes, I know Reader can increase the size with Zoom, but then you don't get the full page on the screen.

So, a big thumbs up to Robert for taking the time to do a review of my tutorial.

All the best.

Richard