• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

How to uninstall Octane demo for Poser

LeoLee

Enthusiast
Contributing Artist
I tried Octane for Poser and when I uninstalled everytime I launch Poser, it shows this message.
I don't know how to get rid of that.

octane-poser-error.jpg

Thanks for any help!

paganeagle2001

Adventurous
Do you have more than one version of Poser on your system, as it may be picking this up.

I have seen this happen before, but don't worry, just close the box as it does not damage. A bit of a pain I know, but it's just one more click.

All the best.

Richard

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Are you on a Windows computer? Just go into the Control Panel>Uninstall a Program and uninstall the Otoy listings.

LeoLee

Enthusiast
Contributing Artist
I have Poser 9 only. I'm tired to close this box everytime I launch Poser. That's not good for someone that has tendonitis :D
I have Windows 7 and I already had uninstalled it. But the box keep popping up.
Maybe I should reinstall Poser.
Thanks Paganeagle2001 and Glitterati3D for help!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Have you looked for any left over folders? Maybe using something like crap cleaner to clean the registry? Sometimes little bits get left behind and can cause problems. If all else fails reinstalling will often fix things.

LeoLee

Enthusiast
Contributing Artist
Yeah, Pendraia, I found them! There was files left in Users/Leo/AppData
Even reinstalling Poser the box keeps popping up. I deleted them and the box is gone.
Thank you!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Glad I could help...I've had similar issues when uninstalling plug-ins. So it's the first thing I do if I have an issue.