• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

How to install and find your HiveWire 3D content in Poser

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
We've had a number of new folks to Poser and HiveWire who have sent in support tickets asking for help in installing and finding their products. I decided to start this thread where people can find that information, and if needed, ask additional questions. That way, they can get more help from experienced members of the community :).

So, if you have questions about installing and finding your HW content which are not answered in this post, ask in this thread :)

1-Unzipping things correctly.

First you want to do is find where, on your computer, you have put the Runtime content folders for Poser :). It would have been created when you installed Poser. That's where you'll find folder called Runtime. You can create new libraries as well. Many people find it helpful to have different libraries for different things and there are as many ways to organize your libraries as there are people.. this is discussed elsewhere. You just have to point Poser to it.

If you use DAZ Studio AND Poser, you can choose to put the files all together in one folder or have different ones (for example DAWN-DS and DAWN-PSR). I keep them all in one place - less duplication of textures and easier to find things for me.

Then, unzip the HiveWire 3D content into whichever Content Library you want to use it in.

The way I usually install content is to open up 2 Windows Explorer windows and drag the files from the zip exactly where I want them...or, I unzip to a temporary folder and THEN drag things over.

One of the images below shows what the unzipped files will look like in Windows Explorer (can't help with Mac but I'm sure it's similar)

2-Telling Poser where the content is

See the images below for how to do this.

Runtime installation step 1.jpg

Runtime installation step 2.jpg

Runtime installation step 3.jpg

Runtime installation step 4.jpg

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Hi, Rennifer, and welcome to HiveWire!

Did you install all of the files that come with Dawn?

If you are only using Poser, you need to install the file that ends with -psr.zip PLUS all four of the ones that end with -textures-ds-psr-1of4.zip through -textures-ds-psr-4of4.zip

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Welcome to the Hive Rennefer, as someone also new to Poser 11 I can tell you I had the same problem when rendering Luna. Change the settings from superfly to firefly and you'll get a normal render. The settings need to be changed for using Superfly. I've been told that using Eziskin3 will work but you'll also need to download the definitions for Dawn so that you can use it on her. Sorry I don't have the links...still need to locate them for myself...

The simplest way I know to change from Superfly to Firefly is to click on the Camera...this will start a render going hit cancel on the dialogue box and the click on the triangle near superfly and change it to firefly. This will allow you to render Dawn before finding Eziskin and you can change back once you have her set up.

Last edited:

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
That's great advice, Pen!
I'm not sure he's talking about rendering thought.

when I tries to put them on the camera screen they were just black figures and then pop ups keep asking where bits and pieces were

And it sounds like he has some additional issues as he's mentioning missing files..

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Oh...sorry still early here and I'm still waking up. I saw black and knew that had happened to me...I read the camera screen as him clicking the camera button which takes you to the render screen.

Sounds like he might not have his runtime libraries set up properly....?

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
No need to apologize - that could be part of the issue, and even if it's not, it's helpful for him to know!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks Alisa...

@Rennerfer, when you look at the library pane when you boot up what do you see?

I have Poser 11 Content and I also have My Daz Library which is where I keep my content.

Rennefer

New-Bee
Hi Pendraia, on start up I see the normal library pane with all the bits that come with poser 11. I have tried to install Dawn via the file>install from zip and via the add library button but whatever the figure is still just a black figure with loads of pop ups asking where this that and the othetr are located. For Alisa the files are 10002_dawnstartermorpspsr, 10003-Dawns-strap-mini-dress-psr, 10006-dawns-strapless-pumps 10011_dawneverydayposespsr, 10915-dawn special-edition-ds, and 10915-dawn-special-edition-psr. on the bye I also have Pauline Advanced and all files are zipped

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
the files are 10002_dawnstartermorpspsr, 10003-Dawns-strap-mini-dress-psr, 10006-dawns-strapless-pumps 10011_dawneverydayposespsr, 10915-dawn special-edition-ds, and 10915-dawn-special-edition-psr. on the bye I also have Pauline Advanced and all files are zipped

if those are the files you installed, and you are ONLY using Poser, you have one you do not need (10915-dawn special-edition-ds) and you are missing these 4 Dawn Special Edition files, as I said earlier:

10915-dawn-special-edition-textures-ds-psr-1of4.zip
10915-dawn-special-edition-textures-ds-psr-2of4.zip
10915-dawn-special-edition-textures-ds-psr-3of4.zip
10915-dawn-special-edition-textures-ds-psr-4of4.zip

This is why you are getting popups saying things are missing and why you are not getting textures.

Please, BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING ELSE:

Go back to your account, download and unzip the rest of the files into your Runtime.

Let us know if that gets things working right :)

cosmasad

Good morning Alisa,

I have just bought and downloaded my first Hivewire products and I think that I have followed the instructions above but am not seeing them in Poser. The files I downloaded are Dawn Special Edition, the 4 texture files, Basics 3 for Dawn, Hair Conversion System Pro Add-On Dawn and the two MHD Naural for Hero and Heroine Hair files. I use Poser 11. I have libraries for Poser 11 Content and Daz 3d Content. I downloaded the Hivewire files in the Runtime folder in my Poser 11 Content folder (which is C/Users/Public/Public Documents/ Poser 11 Content/ Runtime).

I then opened Poser 11 and am looking in my Poser 11 Content folder and I see no sign of Dawn. Frustrating. Obviously am doing something wrong. If you could please help me I would really appreciate it.

Thank you.

Cosmas

cosmasad

Hi Alissa,

Sorry about double-posting. I did not know that you were the same person!!

I did download the Hair Conversion System Pro Core file and am attaching screen grabs of the views you asked for. I did not know how far in to those folders to drill down, so if you want me to open up any of the folders inside there, please let me know. Thank you very much. I really appreciate the help.

Contents of Poser 11 Content folder.JPG

Contents of Poser 11 Content_Runtime.JPG

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
:). I end up getting support tickets that have to do with product issues, usually :)

I see what happened, I think - easy easy fix :). Looks like you brought in the "Runtime" folder and put it inside the OTHER Runtime folder.

See the "Runtime" folder inside of "C/Users/Public/Public Documents/ Poser 11 Content/ Runtime" ?

That should have been placed in C/Users/Public/Public Documents/ Poser 11 Content/ to merge with the Runtime folder you are showing.

So, move the Runtime folder into the Poser 11 Content Folder, and let it overwrite the folders inside.

Contents of Poser 11 Content_Runtime.JPG

You should then see a folder called "HiveWire 3D" in the Character tab that you're showing in Poser.

Let me know if that works!

cosmasad

Hey Alissa,

Yay! Well we definitely had success, but I’m not out of the woods yet: )

I definitely have Dawn now and have found her poses but have the following questions, (if I may):

1. Looking at the attached screen grab of whats in the Hivewire 3d / Dawn folder, I am wondering what the difference is between DawnDev Rig, Dawn SE and Special Edition Character?

2. Why is folder that has the Dawn Basics clothes in it called Shellyw?

3. What is the ClothingResourceBase thing in the Resource kit?

Thank you in advance. I really appreciate it.

Hivewire folder.JPG

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hey Comas, first of all, welcome to the HiveWire forums from me as well. :)

Now to answer your questions:

1. The DawnDev Rig, I believe, is for folks who want to create their own characters for Dawn. DawnSE is your base Dawn figure, and Dawn Special Edition is Dawn with some added morphs which make her look a little different than the base Dawn does. Try loading up each and doing a quick render of each, and you should be able to pick out a few differences.

2. Shellyw is the Contributing Artist who created the Dawn Basics clothing sets. You'll find that most content creators will put their content in a folder with their online vendor name. This, in my view, helps when you have a number of items by the same vendor. I think Shelly has 5 or 6 sets in the store, so if you buy another of them, that content will go into the same Shellyw folder, and will be easier for you to find.

3. The Clothing Resource Base is a full bodysuit of sorts, that folks can use to help create clothing for Dawn. There are different groups/parts to it so it can be used, for example, to create a bodysuit, a long-sleeved shirt, a short-sleeved shirt, long pants, short pants, and so on. It's a good starting point for those who don't know how to model their own clothing for Dawn.

Hope that helps. ;)

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Well we definitely had success, but I’m not out of the woods yet: )

Yay! You ARE out of the woods, maybe a few small trees to knock down ;)

1. Looking at the attached screen grab of whats in the Hivewire 3d / Dawn folder, I am wondering what the difference is between DawnDev Rig, Dawn SE and Special Edition Character?

DawnDevRig is a Developer's Rig - it's to help people who want to create conforming clothing for Dawn

Dawn SE is the Base Dawn SE figure

Dawn Special Editon Character.cr2 will add a NEW FIGURE to your Runtime. It will load Dawn SE, the DawnBaseINJ, SSS Medium Skin Material, and Face_Smoke. It will turn on the Special Edition Face 01 100%, ShouldersNarrow 30%, HipBoneHeight 50%, and AbsContour2 50%.

That last sentence is directly from our ReadMe file. I DO suggest you read our ReadMe files. Most people ignore ReadMes (I think there's some unwritten "Real Men & Women don't read ReadMe files, LOL), and I admit the Dawn one is pretty long so you can zip through sections about upgrading, etc.

ReadMe files for products sold at our store generally include information about using the product, so it's worth at least a quick look through :)

2. Why is folder that has the Dawn Basics clothes in it called Shellyw?

That is a product by Shellyw. Some CAs (Contributing Artists) put folders with their names on them so that files go in their folder so that all of the things they create are in one place. Some customers find this helpful, others don't.

You can move the files in the Character, Pose, Props, Hair, Lights, and Cameras folders anywhere you want, so if you want to go to Win Explorer, and move the "Dawn Basics" folder directly under the Clothing folder for Dawn and delete the "ShellyW" one, you can.

She won't beat you up too much lol.

I move my content all over the place for my private use

3. What is the ClothingResourceBase thing in the Resource kit?

Another thing to help people who want to create conforming clothing for Dawn[/QUOTE]

Thank you in advance. I really appreciate it.
Welcome! Hope that helps!