• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

How do I make an *.Fc2?

3DcgX

Admirable
If you all do not mind teaching me how to make an *.fc2 file for my OC Margarita so I can share it ?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I've never had an occasion to create a Face file, so I can only assume it would be saved to an appropriate folder in your Face Library.

kobaltkween

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
If you just mean a dial spin, then you go to the Expressions section of your library and save a preset. But if you mean a morph injection, then that's a) more standard as a pz2, even if it's for the head, and b) only made as a pz2 by Poser. If you want to add morph injection to a fc2 file, you'll need to edit it by hand. That said, testing it out, you might need to edit the fc2 by hand anyway, because there doesn't seem to be a way to specify which dials to include when saving.

Me195

Extraordinary
If you all do not mind teaching me how to make an *.fc2 file for my OC Margarita so I can share it ?
FC2A.jpg

First make the face the way you want it. If your library is not visible at the start like mine is then click the book shelf icon as seen circled in the upper right hand side of the picture. Once the library is open click the expressions tab as seen with the arrow pointing to it in the upper left corner of the picture. Then hit the plus sign as seen in the lower left.
FC2B.jpg

After the plus button is pressed dialog box should pop up name the face whatever you want. Click Ok and a second dialog box will pop up asking you how many frames to save it as. Unless the facial expression is animated just select the single frame.

FC2C.jpg
It will save the head morphs to the library you have selected. In may case it's saved in my Hivewire3D library. The path to finding the files in explorer is shown in the right most image. I don't have an subfolders for expressions so the files are in Runtime\libraries\face .

I hope this helps. My approach to tutorials can be fairly obtuse at times, so feel free to ask any questions or for clarification.

Me195

Extraordinary
Oops, looks like I didn't type fast enough. I didn't see that the question was already answered and answered better than mine.

3DcgX

Admirable
Thanks I’m good in Carrara but not poser, I have poser 7 let’s see if this works I’ll keep you all updated.