• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

How do I add morphs to clothing?

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
Two part question, how do I add new morphs to clothing? how do I save a copy of the outfit with a lot of new morphs?
For example I take a human figure with a lot of morphs that are not in the clothing, but I want to use the figure clothed but morphed and not just the default shape. This could apply to old clothing (either older than the morphs or the creator of the outfit did not think to add those morphs) or brand new clothing that I may model one day.

quietrob

Extraordinary
There are a few ways. What version of Poser do you have? If you use DS, I'll let an expert from that camp help you.

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
For Poser I use Poser 11.1 pro, I think. I bought Poser 11 pro but I think it upgraded for free to 11.1. For DS I think it is the latest version too which is 4.10.0.123

quietrob

Extraordinary
Excellent. We both use the same version of Poser. 11.1.

While not all morphs are created equal, for instance one hoodie might not respond to the same morph as another hoodie made by a different vendor. However, copying morphs from a figure should work.
Workspace Setup.

While it's not mandatory, you should have the parameters menu open. Click Windows, select Parameters Dial.

Let's go!

1. Load your figure. Make certain it has the morphs you wish to transfer or copy.
2. Load your clothing.
3. Go to the Figure menu at the top of your screen.
4. Click on Figure so that the drop down menu appears on your screen.
5. In the middle of the Menu you'll see different ways to make morphs. We'll select the easiest.
6. Select the clothing you wish to add morphs to.
7. Using the menu, Select Copy Morphs from...
8. This will give you a choice of the figure since it's the only figure in your scene. Select the figure you loaded first. We're going to copy morphs from her (or him)

Take a quick breath.
9. Once you select the figure, a list of every single morph that figures has will appear. Long list, no?

We don't want to select EVERY morph. For instance you don't want a morph for a tongue to appear in her chest. Best to uncheck (Deselect) them all.

10. The checkbox at the very top of the list. Uncheck it and all the morphs will be deselected. There is also a Select ALL and a Select NONE button that does the same thing.
All the morphs should be unselected. That is to say, none of the boxes will have an X in them.
12. Scroll down the list. Find which morph you wish to transfer and click on it.

The morph from the body has just transferred to the clothing. It will appear on the bottom of the screen on your Parameters Dial menu. It will appear on the appropriate body part and the body of the Dials Parameters Menu.
Try out the morph. Not all are created equal and some morphs won't transfer but most do. If you are using Vicky, you can copy morphs from K4 and M4. Those morphs can cross figure lines! If you are using Dawn, you MAY be able to use morphs from Dusk. I'll let one of the busy bees of the Hive answer that one. Still, it should work. The morph that was in the figure is now in the clothing.

Had fun trying it out? It worked? Let's finish up.

13. Simply Save the clothing with a new name that indicates it has added morphs. For instance, I add the Aiko-19 morph to all of my Aiko clothing. I save it to my figures library with the addition of "-19". Example : Jeans becomes Jeans-19 so I know which one has the added morphs. You can make your own thumbnail for it later but for now it will appear in your library in an unrendered form. Also it will stop you from doing an accidental overwrite of the original clothing. It's why CROSSDRESSER stores things in a separate folder in your runtime.

All done! You've transferred morphs from the base figure to the clothing and it's actually a quick process. I tried to be as careful and thorough as possible so you have a quite a few steps. It's actually faster than that.

Any Questions?

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Great job, Rob!

I'm going to add one pointer because I encountered this last week with Poser Pro 11.

Make sure Show hidden parameters is checked. The last time I copied morphs from Dawn to a new piece of clothing in Poser Pro 11, show hidden parameters was unchecked. I discovered this after every single morph I copied over worked partially. If parameters are hidden, the morphs don't copy over completely, so you end up with lots and lots of poke through.

I believe the default with Poser Pro 11 is for the hidden parameters to be shown, while with earlier versions of Poser, the default was hidden parameters were not shown. I vaguely remember unchecking Show hidden parameters when working on a previous piece of clothing while I checking that parameters were hidden. Apparently, the checked status of Show hidden parameters is remembered the next time you open Poser Pro 11.

upload_2018-4-7_12-41-26.png

upload_2018-4-7_12-49-48.png

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Pretty much.

However, while Poser Pro 11 automatically checks the JCMs and body part morphs when you check a morph in the Body, earlier versions of Poser don't automatically check JCMs and body part morphs. So you also have to be sure to also check the JCMs and body part morphs in earlier versions of Poser.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
What Satira has mentioned above is not to be taken lightly. Make sure "Show Hidden Params" is ENABLED BEFORE you attempt to copy morphs from figure to clothing. This was something I have learned the hard way with Poser 9 and 10. What happens is that the internal code to search for the selected morphs to be copied will SKIP anything that is currently hidden in P9 and P10. In other words, the operation will silently FAIL with no warning.

In Poser 9 and 10, this could prevent selected morphs from being transferred to the clothing in the Fitting Room. When you are already in the process, but forgot to show hidden params, the interface has no option to cancel and go back. You can only proceed and mess your project up.

In Poser 11, SMS claims to have fixed this issue, but in my experience, it STILL happens intermittently. That is, you never know if it will work. It's always safer to show hidden params beforehand just to be sure. This is valid for both the Fitting Room and "Copy Morph From" in P11, since they both share the same internal code.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
When Master Sync is on, it means that you can dial the morph from any body part, instead of having to find the master dial in Body. If Master Sync is off, it means you can only dial the morph from Body by locating the respective master dial. If you dial it from anywhere else, it will only affect the body group where it was dialed from. This is why Master Sync is on by default.