• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

HiveWire To Support Poser 10/Pro 2014 And DAZ Studio 4.10 And Above

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
We greatly appreciate everyone's support of HiveWire, and the efforts we've made to date to support content for both Poser and Studio. We've reached that point that was sure to come, with regards to what versions going forward that we're going to support. We will continue to support both Poser and Studio, and that's a good thing. Starting with the release of our Big Cat product and from that time forward, HiveWire will support and create products for Poser 10/Pro 2014 and above, and DAZ Studio 4.8 and above.

We hope you realize that HiveWire's decision to create content for both software packages comes with a large amount of effort to do properly. And as we do so, we still try our best to keep our costs down and remain competitive in this market, which is no small feat.

So, now you may be wondering when the Big Cat will be released, as this is the trigger event for HiveWire created content and this decision. Our best internal estimation is before the end of July of this year. So about 3 to 4 weeks from this official forum announcement.

Please make preparations for this upcoming decision. If you feel as a customer that it's time to upgrade your software, in order for the Big Cat or any other HiveWire content that is released thereafter to work as expected, it may now be time to make that upgrade. Newly created HiveWire content may still work in Poser versions older then Poser 10/Pro 2014, but HiveWire will not be testing our content in older versions, and will not guarantee that any new HiveWire content will perform properly in versions earlier then Poser 10/Pro 2014.

As before, we will not require contributing artists to create product to support both software packages, that decision is entirely left up to the artist. For the contributing artist the submission process will remain the same. Existing CA content on our store will remain available in whatever software versions are stated with the product. However, after August 1st of 2016, any CA product submitted that is created to support a HiveWire created product, will only be tested in Poser 10/Pro 2014 and above, and or Studio 4.8 and above.

Again, the entire HiveWire team is most appreciative of your ongoing support of our stated company goals, efforts and wishes. Thank you, thank you, we exist because of you.

The HiveWire 3D Team

edited by Alisa to add link to new additional info for CA content as of 11-2017
HiveWire To Support Poser 10/Pro 2014 And DAZ Studio 4.9 And Above

edited by Alisa to add link to change in DS support to DAZ Studio 4.10 as of 6-21-2018
HiveWire To Support Poser 10/Pro 2014 And DAZ Studio 4.10 And Above

Last edited by a moderator:

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks for the heads up Chris. With CA's will it be okay to submit materials created in DS4.9 as the Iray settings changed between 4.8 and 4.9?

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Yes, you can. However, if they won't work correctly in DS 4.8, please note that and it will be listed as requiring DS 4.9. We have already had a few products created in DS 4.9 that are not working correctly in DS 4.8.

eclark1894

Visionary
It should also be noted that some materials that work well in Firefly may not work in Superfly and viceversa. So some adjustments to materials settings may be needed.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Good point Earl. If materials can work the same in both, that's a plus, but it's not always easily accomplished.

Thanks for letting us know Chris. Duly noted.

Last edited:
thnks for the announcement hun it gives everyone a heads up for wen the big cat and other things are released and do any up grades etc if needed before hand x

eclark1894

Visionary
thanks Alisa...

Good point Earl...I haven't gotten that far yet!
I haven't actually run across the situation yet, Pen. Of course, for the most part I've only been rendering Dawn in a bikini:sneaky:, but I've heard that if Superfly can't process a material properly, it will highlight the problem for you.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I waited till my PP 2014 was on a super sale and got it really 'cheap'...
That's exactly how I bought Poser 7, which I didn't get to use because my old laptop died right afterwards, and then again when I got Poser 9, for even cheaper than Poser 7.

Amazon's selling Poser 10 for about $10 more than SM was selling it for just before P11/PP11 debuted, so not a bad price at all.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Wow this would allow me to set default rendering settings to support subdivision surfaces in my Poser products. I could finally be able use Unimesh skinning as the default setting! Many of my existing products were designed to work like that, but Poser 9 didn't support it. I like this move, Chris! ^__^

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Just fyi, this isn't affecting CAs. It's affecting new HW products only.

Dawn, Dusk, & Baby Luna still DO work in Poser 9/Pro2012, so it's your decision (as it has been always) whether characters and clothing you create for them will work in Poser 9.

Tana & I still have older versions of Poser down to 6 installed should they be needed.

CAs - please be sure that your Poser product files are set to the lowest version of Poser you intend them to work in - I will be looking for that and it is VERY important. And be sure that if you ARE supporting Poser 9, you have your beta testers test in Poser 9 to ensure things work there.

Thanks!

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Thanks for the heads up Chris. I think it's a smart decision.

Wondering out loud though... so by the end of July when the Big Cats are released us published artists can then start making stuff that supports the above mentioned versions of Poser and DAZ Studio?

Alisa, I'm guessing you were referring to me about 4.9 content. I always keep the most up to date versions of DAZ Studio and Poser on board so if things are not backwards compatible I apologize. If there were a way to keep earlier versions of DAZ Studio like 4.7 on board along side of 4.9 I'd do that but it's not so I don't! lol

eclark1894

Visionary
Just fyi, this isn't affecting CAs. It's affecting new HW products only.

Dawn, Dusk, & Baby Luna still DO work in Poser 9/Pro2012, so it's your decision (as it has been always) whether characters and clothing you create for them will work in Poser 9.

Tana & I still have older versions of Poser down to 6 installed should they be needed.

CAs - please be sure that your Poser product files are set to the lowest version of Poser you intend them to work in - I will be looking for that and it is VERY important. And be sure that if you ARE supporting Poser 9, you have your beta testers test in Poser 9 to ensure things work there.

Thanks!
Alisa, does this mean then that if and when Dawn 2.0 comes along she will NOT work in version 9 or below that in DS version 4.8?
Come to think if it, is Dawn SE version 2.0?

Miss B

CV-BEE
I don't know for sure Earl, but I would assume Dawn SE is version 2.0. I don't think there are any newer versions planned. Of course I could be wrong, but I really don't think so.

WillowRaven

Enthusiast
I am a 4.7 user, so this is heartbreaking for me. I DON'T WANT TO UPGRADE. I want nothing to do with Iray or learn the new platform. And I was so excited for the new HW animals, too.

eclark1894

Visionary
I don't know for sure Earl, but I would assume Dawn SE is version 2.0. I don't think there are any newer versions planned. Of course I could be wrong, but I really don't think so.
Well, Miss B, assuming you're right about Dawn SE being 2.0, I agree that version 3.0 is a while off yet.