• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

HiveWire Big Cat Lion asking for missing texture

MattVG

New-Bee
I just bought and installed the HiveWire Big Cat Lion today and upon attempting to load the lion, it says "Unable to locate file. Could not find file: /Runtime/Textures/CWRW/CWRW_HWBigCat/CWRW_HWBigCat2B.jpg"
I then have the options to Locate, Skip, or Stop Asking.

This texture isn't listed on the lion page in the store and the lion looks normal, but I've never loaded the lion previous to this, so I don't know what normal looks like. The only odd thing I see on the lion is that the fur inside his ears is unnaturally bright. Perhaps that's the area missing textures.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hi Matt, welcome to the HiveWire forums. :)

First, let me ask if you are a Poser user, or a DAZ Studio user? The textures in each case would still be located in the same Runtime folder, and yes, I checked, and I have the CWRW_HWBigCat2B.jpg file. In this case, the "B" at the end of the file name stands for Bump, so it's a bump map, and I looked in my Poser Material Room, and it's attached to most of the matzones, but not the FurEars, FurBody, FurTail, or the parts of the Eyes, which have their own bump map.

The only thing I can suggest is you re-download the textures, unzip the file, and make sure that bump map file is in the zip. You can then install the bump map file to your Runtime. Then the next time you start a scene, you shouldn't get the call-out for a missing texture.

BTW, did you check that folder in your Runtime to see if it's there?

MattVG

New-Bee
Thank you for the quick reply.
I'm using DAZ Studio 4.10.
I checked the Runtime folder and it wasn't there. I also checked the ZIP file I downloaded and the texture wasn't there either. I'll try re-downloading the file.

Me195

Extraordinary
Welcome to the hive MattVG. Just to piggyback on what Miss B said the texture it's looking for comes with the Hivewire Big Cat(not the lion). That particular texture I believe was added when the Hivewire Big Cat was updated. If you redownload the Hivewire Big Cat the texture should be included in that zip. I don't have the lion yet so I don't know why ear fur is unnaturally bright.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ohhhhhhhhhh!! Thank you Me!!! I was thinking I had messed up, because I just checked the final store zip file for the Lion. Then again, Matt would have to have the Big Cat in order to use the Lion, so he would at some point have unzipped the file.

I don't know why the ear hair is bright either, but then again, I'm pretty sure Laurie did separate textures for FireFly and SuperFly, as well as 3DL and IRay, so I wouldn't be able to answer that either as I don't have the latest version of DS.

Oh and Matt, here's a link to a bunch of updates, including the BigCat --> HW BigCat Updates

MattVG

New-Bee
Ah, that makes sense. I downloaded the updated Hivewire Big Cat and the file is there now. No more errors. Is there any way of being notified when a product has been updated?

Thank you everyone for your quick help and thanks for the welcome!

Last edited:

Miss B

CV-BEE
Hey Matt, loving the new avatar. ;)

Anyway, here's a link to the main Product Updates forum. The thread you should keep an eye out for new posts is the Main Notification thread. That's where Alisa let's us know when products have been updated.

Product Updates

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Thanks for getting this sorted out so quickly, folks!

To subscribe to updates to a thread or forum, in the top right there will be a "Watch Thread" or "Watch Forum" link to click. Once you do that you will get notified by email (assuming you have your email preferences set that way) that there has been an update. You must actually visit the forum or thread to continue to get updates about new posts - it won't continue to contact you with new updates unless you have visited.

Welcome to the Hive!

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Welcome to the Hive, Matt :)

I added this to the Big Cat page a few days ago after several people reported the same thing ;)

Please be sure you have the updated version of the HiveWire Big Cat from 8-2017 or 1-2018 - this info is in the ReadMe File.

Thanks for linking to the update thread and helping out, Me & Miss B - and Lisa, good thing to remind people that they have to actually go to the thread when they get an email in order to find out new posts beyond that one !