• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Solved Hivewire Accounts / Yahoo email

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
ALL of them? Store and forum?

I can assist you with that. Note that deleting your store account would permanently deny you access to the files for any purchases you have made. Deleting your forum account would still leave your posts behind, however, they would be labeled as "Guest", I think.

Perhaps you can give it 24 hours. If you still feel the same way tomorrow morning, email lisa@hivewire3d.com and I will assist you.

eclark1894

Visionary
What's wrong Earl, why do you want to delete them?
I'm not really feeling the love here at Hivewire anymore. I've had some run ins in the forums with people who seem to insist that I have some sort of evil intentions even when all they have to do is read what I actually wrote to find out what I meant. And honestly, it's not just Hivewire. Renderosity is much the same, although probably worse by a factor of five. The SM forums are more technical based, but It's there too. So I have to conclude that it's either me or everyone else. In any case, I don't think I belong in the online Poser community anymore. So I'll be deleting at least my forum account here and at Renderosity. But I will keep the store accounts active. I'll be sending Lisa an email later today asking her to permanently deactivate my forum account and profile.

It's been interesting meeting you, Bonnie. Have a nice life.

Hornet3d

Wise
I'm not really feeling the love here at Hivewire anymore. I've had some run ins in the forums with people who seem to insist that I have some sort of evil intentions even when all they have to do is read what I actually wrote to find out what I meant. And honestly, it's not just Hivewire. Renderosity is much the same, although probably worse by a factor of five. The SM forums are more technical based, but It's there too. So I have to conclude that it's either me or everyone else. In any case, I don't think I belong in the online Poser community anymore. So I'll be deleting at least my forum account here and at Renderosity. But I will keep the store accounts active. I'll be sending Lisa an email later today asking her to permanently deactivate my forum account and profile.

It's been interesting meeting you, Bonnie. Have a nice life.

That is a shame but I am a firm believer that if you are not enjoying something and you have the option to stop doing it then just stop. I know I will not be alone in missing your input, particularly in as regards the modelling, but I found all of your posts interesting. I know we haven't always seen eye to eye but I don't think we have ever fallen out over it, forgive me if we have it was never the intention. Truth is I found the post where your opinion was very different to mine to be the most interesting not because of any conflict but I like seeing a different point of view and trying to understand why that view is different. Sometimes it changes my view and at least gives me more insight into a subject, so I will miss your insights as well.

Nice as Hivewire is nothing is going to be perfect when it comes to people's beliefs and views, I personally believe it is about as good as it can be and it certainly adds to my enjoyment of the hobby. For all that the loss of anyone is something to be sad about, particularly when so few in the hobby visit the forums and a lot that do stay in lurk mode. Nothing wrong with that but it does mean that someone like yourself, who does contribute on a regular basis is a big loss indeed. I still love it here but that did not stop me thinking a few days ago how much I miss Mythocentric I enjoyed his art and contributions. Sad to think that I will be thinking the same about you in the weeks and months to come.

Sorry to disagree but I think you do belong in any online Poser community, you have added so much to this one so why should that not continue to be the case here or elsewhere. I hope you will reconsider or even to decide to take a break and come back but I respect your decision whatever you decide.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Earl, can you give some examples of where you felt you had run ins?

D

Deleted member 325

I, too, am sorry you are experiencing this. As a fly on the wall mostly, I think I know the thread you refer to, and I feel there has been a break down in communication. It is unfortunate. I would hate to see you leave because of that. For what it is worth, I do not feel you have any evil intentions.

As a person who suffers from anxiety myself and often goes completely off the deep end on a rocket sled over things, in this moment of lucidity I am enjoying I would urge you as others have mentioned to give it some time to cool down. In any forum there will always be people we disagree with and people we don't, people who like, and people we dislike. From what I can see, you have many friends here who would be sorry to see you leave, and it would be a shame to throw it away for the sake of a few.

Hornet3d

Wise
I, too, am sorry you are experiencing this. As a fly on the wall mostly, I think I know the thread you refer to, and I feel there has been a break down in communication. It is unfortunate. I would hate to see you leave because of that. For what it is worth, I do not feel you have any evil intentions.

As a person who suffers from anxiety myself and often goes completely off the deep end on a rocket sled over things, in this moment of lucidity I am enjoying I would urge you as others have mentioned to give it some time to cool down. In any forum there will always be people we disagree with and people we don't, people who like, and people we dislike. From what I can see, you have many friends here who would be sorry to see you leave, and it would be a shame to throw it away for the sake of a few.

I think that highlights the problem with any forum which is why I say none are perfect. We have no way of know the readers anxiety level when we post, or the mood they are in or what sort of day they are having. No matter how careful you are with words they can be misunderstood and there is also the possibility the person doing the posting is also having a bad day. It is just sad when it results in people dropping out.

I am fairly certain the thread and possible the post that was the final straw for Earl but I have said before I saw no evil intentions from Earl in that thread, or any other, and I still believe that to be the case. What has happened, has happened and it is not in the gift of man to be able to unsay anything.

I repeat, Earl you will be missed if you decide to go.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
I hope Earl changes his mind, or at least think about it for a while longer. Just because we all have different views and opinions doesn't mean we dislike one another for it. We would all be sheep if we agreed all the time. For example, I live in Ireland and we are always disagreeing about something and that's just the way it is.

James R.

Busy Bee
I get where you're coming from, Earl. I understand your disillusionment and frustration. I've about had it with the online "community" as well.

I hope you will be well and will be happy doing whatever you choose to pursue.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
we grow up thinking trolls are a fantasy story creature from kids stories. But trolls hang out in online forums. The reason is there is no accountability. When folks start to believe that as long as noone can see you and spank holding you accountable for your words and actions those trolls from childhood fantasies seem to ooze right out of them and into their typing fingers.
I have had too many such encounters so I know what you mean. Remember too that online what is typed just doesn't have the visual cues we are taught growing up to give us a better idea of what people say or do. So what is typed can often be misconstrued. Once explained what may have really been meant the hurt has already touched us.
Thicken your skin and shrug it off. Instead of getting caught in a tit-for tat escalation of the discourse jut turn it off and unsubscribe from the thread and move on.
Just a penny-and-a-half of advice from the still learning rage monkey!

eclark1894

Visionary
As it turns out, I may still be making changes to my Hivewire store and forum accounts. Seems Yahoo, my email provider has been acquired by an entity known as Oath and they want to share my data and browsing habits with everyone on the Internet. Needless to say, I find this quite unacceptable and am in the process of seeking a new email provider. How will this information change affect my accounts?

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
I just Googled up on Oath Inc. Not a good start, apparently 560 employees to be laid off. Already I don't like Oath. :(

quietrob

Extraordinary
I, for one, hope you to decide to stay.

I also read about Oath as well as getting a sign or go home page before I was allowed access to my Yahoo account. I read the GMX might be the place to be but I am loathe to change the email of the many places I visited and set up. Like mail recovery of my passwords, my microsoft and apple accounts. Ugh. It's already a pain.

I hope you stick around, Earl.