• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

HiveWire 3D Store Officially Closing at the end of Jan 4th (Midnight US Mountain time)

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
Very bad news for the end of this horrible 2020.
Wish you all better luck 2021.
At last the forum stay , which is great to hear.
Thanks to the shop staff, betatester and all the people who made this site an awesome place . :balloon03:

Stay all safe .
Hugs
:love:

Tiny

The real me
Contributing Artist
Sad news but happy to hear your creations will still be available and developed.

The forum here is also a more family like place IMHO so am glad it will remain. I can't find my way around Renderosity's forums now adays.

Big hugs and all the best. :)

LeoLee

Enthusiast
Contributing Artist
I'm so sorry about that! I started here as a broker artist and learned a lot from you. I started as a hobby but I had to move to Daz3D fully, since I got out from my last job and broker artist became my full job.
My sincere gratitude to Chris, Lisa, Alisa and all the HW3D people.
I think this year it's being really bad for many people. I broke my right elbow on July and I'm still recovering. I've realized that happiness is to be in good health. With health, problems just are obstacles that you can overtake and make a new future. I hope this can be a new future for the HiveWire brand and your figures. I hope Dawn 2 can change the game, as her do in the begining of The New Era. For me, she's the best figure for Poser ever made. Even the rigging is better then V4 and all the others Poser's figures released. So, I wish good luck to Dawn 2 and the HiveWire3D.

Digitell

Enthusiast
Oh Wow..I am so very sad to hear this news. I know the team worked very hard on creating and maintaining their store. This year has been hard on many folks..it just sucked!! I am very glad to hear that your team's products will continue to be produced and sold at Renderosity! That is a huge plus for sure. And it is wonderful that you are keeping the forums alive for everyone. God Speid!

FreyrStrongart

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
If Hivewire3d is moving to Renderosity, do we have to buy the products we bought all over again?
You should download everything again and put it into save storage so that you can have everything at hand. I have backup files of my runtime so all the stuff is available to me. But I will go through my files an make sure I have downloaded everything I ever bought from HiveWire... or have all the updates.

Will there be a way to transfer our HiveWire3D purchase history over to our Renderosity account for transferred items and items already available there? For example, I have a rendo account but purchased HW3D horse, dog, and cats at the HiveWire3D store; will I be able to download updates or redownloads at rendo?

Greybro

Inspired
Personally, I'd say congrats on carving out and filling a niche with great looking and working animals, plants and birds. While I'd have loved to have seen this site grow into a new DAZ, I can understand the overhead both in terms of time and money that this store must incur.

I've never been a big adopter of Dawn, but I remain open to a better figure coming along in future versions that changes my mind. I'm glad to hear that the brand will continue. And I have always appreciated having at different store to peruse and shop at apart from the big two.

As others have said, thanks a bunch for the advanced notice to download all of my purchases for backup. Sorry it didn't work out as planned.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Will there be a way to transfer our HiveWire3D purchase history over to our Renderosity account for transferred items and items already available there? For example, I have a rendo account but purchased HW3D horse, dog, and cats at the HiveWire3D store; will I be able to download updates or redownloads at rendo?
I hope they can figure it out. Quite frankly if DAZ3D working with RDNA got it done then Renderosity working with Hivewire can do it!

sanbie

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Oh how sad this news is...I know what it is like to work so hard to try and keep a site open, after a while the bone tiredness just gets to you and this year has been one terrible year for anyone who is trying to keep their heads above water.
I hope that the sadness you all feel will soon disappear as a new beginning starts.
I wish you all the best for the future.

eclark1894

Visionary
I hope they can figure it out. Quite frankly if DAZ3D working with RDNA got it done then Renderosity working with Hivewire can do it!
In the interim, you can always download and keep a copy of your Hivewire3D downloads on your computer. Granted, it's not automatic, but a least you already have the information at hand.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
The way I see this, it is a different case tho, Daz bought out RDNA, Hivewire isn't being bought out, their store is closing and will be selling their own stuff at Rendo. Its up to the other vendors to choose what that want to do. If Rendo is willing to help the transition that is cudos to them but they don't have to take up the purchase histories etc because they are not taking over Hivewire's store.

thelufias

New-Bee
The store has always been marvelous. I always enjoy my visits and many of the folks in here I know....and I'm sure they feel the same way I feel....It's sad to see it happen.... Sometimes hard decisions need to be made in life....and I bet this was a hard one indeed. But I'm glad to see that items will still be worked on and the Forums will still be abuzz.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Oh, I get it but if we move our stuff to Rendo and then do an update to some of our products, which is what I'm in the process of doing, then folks will have to do this on a sale by sale basis to figure out who get's the free updates! Be nice if the sale reports were ported over to Rendo and applied to accounts so that they don't have to dig up receipts to prove they bought already!

Hornet3d

Wise
Just when you think that 2020 cannot get any worse you are once again proved wrong, really a case of 'smile things could be worse, so I smiled and sure enough things got worse'.

If there is any saving grace it is that the forums will be staying open but it really is not going to be a great start to 2021, for me at least. I do hope that is not true for all of the HiveWire3D team and that your plans work out and you all finish up in a better and brighter place. Other than that I really do not know what to say (almost a first for me) it will take me a while to absorb this news which already saddens me greatly.

Harimau

Eager
Just stumbled on this thread. Sad to know that you are closing shop. I suppose all good things will come to an end sometime. Didn't expect it so soon though - came as a shock! However, I am happy to know that you will continue to develop your animals for sale at Rendo. Guess I can continue to support you all when you move there.