• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

HiveWire 3D Store Officially Closing at the end of Jan 4th (Midnight US Mountain time)

HI All.

I have been in contact with both Chris and Lisa on their decision to close the HiveWire3D store. I am also sad to see it go. But I do understand the reasons for having to do so. I think both Chris and Lisa having more time to devote to content development, and the amazing content they produce will be a great thing for the 3D community as a whole. I know how much I appreciate their work.

We at Renderosity are happy to welcome them into the family with open arms. We are working with them to try and make the move as painless as possible for the HiveWire3D content as well as any vendor who would like to bring their stores our way. We will put together a team to work with anyone who is interested and we will work with you to make your experience as painless as possible. Just send me an email to jennblake@renderosity.com with any questions and or concerns and I'll do my best to answer and work with you on anything you may need.

I am very happy to hear the forums and community will stay in tact here also. I know how our 3D friends quickly turn into family and loved ones. and the forums here seem to be a great place to form those bonds.

Take care, and happy holidays to all of you. And I look forward to working with some of you in the near future.

eclark1894

Visionary
I am extremely sad to hear of Hivewire 3D closing, but glad to hear that the great content will survive and continue. I'm obviously going to have to make some changes to the links in my directory, so when everyone figures out where they are going and when, please make sure to send me an email and let me know where you end up.

FreyrStrongart

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
That's indeed sad news. Or not. I am really looking forward to see so many of those projects for animals in the store because I just think HiveWire Critters are the best out there. So if that means they are getting out sooner, all the better for us.
However, for very selfish reasons I am very sorry to see the shop go. I did my first baby steps for content creation here and even after more than two years I am still on a very steep learning curve. The QAV team, especially Alisa, has been sooo patient with my chaotic submissions! I was really looking forward to getting more things done, and there are still things in the pipeline... especially my hussar uniform. I am not sure I have the courage to head for Rendo... so I am at a bit of a loss here too, as to how I will go from here.
I am glad that the forums are kept, especially for news on the new critters, so that I know when to head out to add to my menagerie.
HiveWire was always special because I felt a warmth here, I don't find in other places.

Tempesta3d

Crazy Cat Lady
Contributing Artist
Dearest Chris, Alisa and Lisa, my heart is crying... I have always followed your talent and felt like an adorable family with you. I am hopeful to see your great talent again and again at Rendo, my other sweet family.
You guys are amazing, I am sure you will keep creating your wonders for us all to enjoy.
Please don't make it an end but a new beginning, all together.
Chris, I always told dear Alisa this in our private mails (and forgive me, Alisa, for all my endless blabbing in our mails): I adore your mind and abilities, I am a huge fan of your work.
Love you all.

Lory:balloon03:

eclark1894

Visionary
This is actually an afterthought as I write this, but thought just thought I'd ask anyway, Will you still be creating and selling for BOTH Poser and Studio? I didn't see any mention of it in your original post, or will it be product by product?

Daventaki

New-Bee
Sorry to hear the store side is closing but glad Hivewire3D will still be available at Rendo. Best of luck to you all and of course I will be looking forward to seeing whats in store at Rendo and wherever all the vendors land.

Glad the forum is staying open, I don't post open but I do stop in and prowl around.

McGyver

Energetic
What the what?... Oh damn... That is terrible news.
This is going on my long list of reasons I hate 2020.
I’m really bummed out by this news... this is definitely not what I was expecting to see when I came here.
It must be really difficult running a store, especially during a pandemic.
Well, at least you guys will still have stuff available on Renderosity.
Dang... this sucks.

Also, thanks for keeping the forums open... there are lots of great people here and it would be a shame to lose touch with them.

I'm very glad for the heads up, but extremely sad to hear this. I just love all the animals you guys have. And now my wishlist is fully cleared off. I genuinely wish you all the best.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
It's been great to read of the well wishes. Wonderful to see the support here. It truly does a heart good.

We do aim to still be supporting both Poser and Studio. That's certainly the plan anyway. We see a need for our animals to be set up for both packages. We think customers can benefit from having solid quality animals in Poser and DS as there is room for quality to be available there.

It would seem the DAZ Studio audience can get all they need from the Genesis human figures and the myriad of supporting products, but we're still making Dawn 2 and Dusk 2 for both. Many Studio users could benefit from our figure options. In addition we believe Poser users will benefit greatly with our D2 lineup as they are solid figures and the rigging Paul is crafting is just amazing and well needed.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
HI All.

I have been in contact with both Chris and Lisa on their decision to close the HiveWire3D store. I am also sad to see it go. But I do understand the reasons for having to do so. I think both Chris and Lisa having more time to devote to content development, and the amazing content they produce will be a great thing for the 3D community as a whole. I know how much I appreciate their work.

We at Renderosity are happy to welcome them into the family with open arms. We are working with them to try and make the move as painless as possible for the HiveWire3D content as well as any vendor who would like to bring their stores our way. We will put together a team to work with anyone who is interested and we will work with you to make your experience as painless as possible. Just send me an email to jennblake@renderosity.com with any questions and or concerns and I'll do my best to answer and work with you on anything you may need.

I am very happy to hear the forums and community will stay in tact here also. I know how our 3D friends quickly turn into family and loved ones. and the forums here seem to be a great place to form those bonds.

Take care, and happy holidays to all of you. And I look forward to working with some of you in the near future.

Jenn, It's kind of you to post your comments here. Though Lisa and I have been emailing with you back and forth, it's meaningful to read your thoughts here for all to see. We're confident that Renderosity will be a great home for our content very soon. Thank you also for making your email available for our artists to begin next steps for a home for their wonderful work as well.