• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Hive newbee......

Mivan

Admirable
Hi,

I just got on the forum list and have posted my first image, The Shire Gate. Been Brycing since the 90's and have tried both Poser and DS. Finally went with DS due to price. I know a few of you from years past in the old 3DC site and also Metacreations. From the looks of the art this is a quality gallery site and I will have to pay close attention to my pics!

My formal training is in traditional non-digital studio photography and special effects. Studied some design at the local CC as well as working for several galleries and at least one nationally known painter.

Now 68 and retired, I enjoy this as a hobby and look forward to seeing some others work as well.

Mike Van Volkenburg
aka Mivan

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hey Michael, welcome to the Hive from another Brycer, though I didn't get into it until around 2000/2001. :)

I used DS for years, but have gotten back into Poser, which I abandoned back in the days of Poser 5, when HiveWire 3D opened and I started playing with Dawn.

sanbie

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Hi Mike and welcome to the Hive :beehive: I am a poser user mainly, though I do use DS on the odd occasion...Lots of wonderful friendly, helpful people here...

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Hello, Michael. Welcome! :)

I have Bryce 5; used it only a little bit, but I never seemed to take to it very well. I used Poser for about 10 years, starting with version 4, then abandoned it when my hardware was just too old to run version 7. I do all of my own art inside of Daz Studio, though I've begun dipping back into Poser for content support (very hesitantly, I am obligated to add lol).

I don't have any formal artistic training, though, and I can't draw with a pencil at all, except for more tribal styles. I remember 3DCommune - that was where I started when I first found 3D, back in 2002.

Feel free to ask any questions if you need to. We do have FAQ and Questions sections on the board as well, if you need any of the information in there.

Welcome again, it's nice to have you. :D

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Welcome, Mike! I'm late to the welcome and everyone before me has told you all the main things, I'll just say "Have Fun!!"

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Not as late as I am Lorraine...

Welcome to the Hive Michael, I'm mainly a DS user...but I'm learning Poser mainly for content creation purposes.

mininessie

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
i use Daz mostly! but i think poser is a good program too! welcome to the hive...will take a look at your renders!:)