• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Hippocampus Textures and poses

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Hi everyone,
I just bought the hippocampus for Harry and I was wondering if anyone knows of any additional textures(besides the ones in the store) or poses?

thanks

Pen

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I'm afraid you have me stumped Pen. Hippocampus?

Edited to Add: OK, now I feel stupid. I just looked up Hippocampus at Dictionary.com.
BangHeadEmoti.gif

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I've never heard that word used like that before, only as a part of the brain. Was thinking they must have named it that for a reason and here it is:

"Hippocampus, region of the brain that is associated primarily with memory. The name hippocampus is derived from the Greek hippokampus (hippos, meaning “horse,” and kampos, meaning “sea monster”), since the structure's shape resembles that of a sea horse."

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Dictionary.com states:

1. Classical Mythology - a sea horse with two forefeet, and a body ending in the tail of a dolphin or fish.

2. Anatomy - an enfolding of cerebral cortex into the lateral fissure of a cerebral hemisphere, having the shape in cross section of a sea horse.

That said, however, now that you mention it, I seem to remember hearing/reading something similar to what you stated, the second portion mentioning the sea horse. I guess Dictionary.com makes their statements as easy to read as possible, in case kids in grade school need to look up the meaning of a word.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Haha I knew what Pen was saying :D

As far as extra textures or poses, I don't thing there's any besides what's currently in store. I can tell you as far as poses goes, I think I remember using Harry's other poses for the front half but its been a looooong time since I had a play with it (I had it when it was in beta)

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Textures and poses were put on my to do list but thanks to life I am not sure when I will get to them. Sorry :(

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Thanks everyone! I was hoping for some other textures as well as poses. I may have to attempt my own.

Sorry if I confused people...it is also used for part of the brain.
I knew immediately what you were talking about! lol.

You can use pretty much ANY Harry pose on the front half (once its all together, you can play around with the ones that work, and only a few break the tail mesh.) As for textures, You can use any Harry texture with the front half and the trans system that is provided. But, no, no other full textures have been worked on. I have plans for them, too, but haven't gotten around to them yet.