• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Help with LAMH

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
I just got the full LAMH player and for the life of me I can not get it to install at all, the installer looks to have run correctly but there is nothing installed. I am running the installer manually as the art computer is not on line.
Can any one help please other wise I''l just end up asking for a refund

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Nope never had the free player at all, the full version is the first one I have gone to install

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Hmm.. I'm on Mac so I don't know if this will help- I manually downloaded the software zip file (64 bit) and then unzipped that. I get an installer and that runs. It puts the LAMH files etc in my "Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/lookatmyhairAM".

Then in Daz Studio click on the top menu "Window->Panes(Tabs)->Look At My Hair and that pulls up the LAMH Tab. That can be used to use already made presets. If wanting to make your own then click on the button that says "Show LAMH Editor" and it pulls up the LAMH editor/creation window. After that stage read the LAMH manual.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Hmm.. I'm on Mac so I don't know if this will help- I manually downloaded the software zip file (64 bit) and then unzipped that. I get an installer and that runs. It puts the LAMH files etc in my "Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/lookatmyhairAM".

Then in Daz Studio click on the top menu "Window->Panes(Tabs)->Look At My Hair and that pulls up the LAMH Tab. That can be used to use already made presets. If wanting to make your own then click on the button that says "Show LAMH Editor" and it pulls up the LAMH editor/creation window. After that stage read the LAMH manual.
Ok so tried that and nothing, there is no LAMH showing up any where in DS at all

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
So the installer acted like it installed ok? Did you try rebooting your computer? Are you on Mac or PC? (If PC, did you download the right version for your computer- 32 bit vs 64 bit?)

About all else I can think of is to try and ask on the official LAMH thread in the Daz forums.

Sorry I'm not more help!

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
So the installer acted like it installed ok? Did you try rebooting your computer? Are you on Mac or PC? (If PC, did you download the right version for your computer- 32 bit vs 64 bit?)

About all else I can think of is to try and ask on the official LAMH thread in the Daz forums.

Sorry I'm not more help!
Yep it ran like it should. I'll try a reboot and see if that dose anything. I am on a PC and I made sure I had the right installer, even redownloaded it in case the first one had got borked somehow.

I'll have a look on the LAMH thread too

All good :) I have a support ticket lodged with Daz too so they might come up with some thing.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Hmm one other thing I would look at- I don't know PCs/Windows at all but on my Macs I would pull up a new finder window and "Search" for "lookatmyhairAM". (exactly like that) Would be interesting to see where your installer put it...(ad if it doesn't show up in your search that is a whole other issue...)

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
That was one of the first things I did and all it found was the installer. I'll try how you have it there and see what it brings up though

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Huh it sounds like it didn't install anything- very odd. Def best bet is your Daz ticket and the forum thread there. (Also I noticed the actual LAMH plug in is in my Applications/DazStudio4 64-but/docs/plugins/LAMH.. not that that may mean much in the Windows world- I don't know.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Yeah just posted over at daz, not holding my breath as I have not always found them the most helpfull but we shall see. I have had a good hunt around the computer and there is nothing in any of the places you normally find stuff and like I said a system wide search came up blank

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I can't help you with the install as I use the install manager.

But just curious where you are looking for the LAMH to make sure its loaded or not?

Untitled-1.jpg

Desertsilver

Busy Bee
Dreamer did you see this thread: I can't get the link to post, go to DAZ forums, new users and there is a person with an install question on LAMH. Richard and Barbult are super helpful and almost always answer very fast. That said- LAMH is a nightmare for me!