• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Hello all...

3D art work is it better then Hand painting...Remember we can render and do post work after 3D..

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

brian foley

foleypro here...

Most folks remember me and alot dont...Thats fine...
Just wanted to pop in and say HI...

Nice to see some old friends and hope to make alot of new friends...
The link below is just some of my art I have done using Bryce,Poser,DS,Carrara,Hex,Zbrush,Max,tSpace,Unreal engine...

Brian Foley Portfolio Gallery | ArtWanted.com

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Hi, Brian! Welcome to the Hive - very cool images!!!

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Hi Brian and welcome to the Hive! Hope you enjoy it here, it's a really friendly place with real nice peeps :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hey, I know you!!! I don't remember from which forum, but I've seen foleypro around often enough to recognize that name. ;) Welcome to the HiveWire forums from me as well. :)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Hi Brian and welcome to the Hive...I've seen your name around a few different forums iirc. There are some cool images that you've linked to.

I'm not sure how to vote as I'm not sure what you're really asking. Sorry full of virus at the moment so the brain isn't working to well today. Saw the doctor yesterday and he told me I worked in a sickness factory...lol...I teach grade 1/2's.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Brian and I go way back from the early DAZ days. He's a pro at so many things. He's helped us showcase Bryce back in the day when we at DAZ did quite a bit with it. Brian would come to Siggraph and show it off for us as the demo king! We relied on his knowledge of Bryce and where it should go quite a bit.

Welcome Brian. Yeah, its really weird seeing "New-bee" attached in any way with your name.

Hornet3d

Wise
Welcome to the forum Brian, it is a great place and I love to see it growing.

I hope you enjoy your stay here, and may it be for a long time.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Thanks Chris...

Your Paintings are superb, blows me away every time I see one of them...Superb work...

Have you seen his miniatures? Close your ears, Chris, so your head doesn't swell :p. I swear the man can draw/model/paint/sculpt just about anything, and those miniatures just blow me away!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I know. Just thinking about getting all that detail in a space the size of a quarter is, indeed, mind-blowing.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Yep - hey, you're no longer a new-bee....now you're "Inspired" ;)

brian foley

Now thats a kicker...Woot Woot..

Hey Chris...
Most folks might know about this but probably wasnt there..
Maybe you might want to explain about "Pimp Daddy"

Or I could...Best of Times...

brian foley

Hi Brian and welcome to the Hive...I've seen your name around a few different forums iirc. There are some cool images that you've linked to.

I'm not sure how to vote as I'm not sure what you're really asking. Sorry full of virus at the moment so the brain isn't working to well today. Saw the doctor yesterday and he told me I worked in a sickness factory...lol...I teach grade 1/2's.

Well the Poll is can we make better Artwork thru 3D then traditional Paintings...?

As for the virus I feel your Pain....Youngsters are a mind set we cant even fathom...

eclark1894

Visionary
Well the Poll is can we make better Artwork thru 3D then traditional Paintings...?

As for the virus I feel your Pain....Youngsters are a mind set we cant even fathom...
If I have to be really honest, and only in my opinion of course, the answer is "no", not better... different. Otherwise I've have to give the edge to traditional.