• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Have You Ever Grown UP?

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Have I Ever Grown Up? Have You?

Have I ever grown up? Look! I still play with dollies,
Dressing them to perfection still gives me my jollies!
Placing them just so, into my Poser scene space,
My costumed ladies and gents are the picture of grace.

Providing them with a sweet kitten or now a cute puppy too,
That I can continue to have so much fun with toys, who knew!?
In looking over my great body of art work, I have decreed:
Nope, I have absolutely not, I've never grown up, no indeed!
~Lyne's Creations

since I was inspired, waiting for the dog (that I'm installing now with great delight!) I wrote this...and now ask you all! :)

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
*sings*

I won't grow up,

(I won't grow up)

I don't want to go to school.

(I don't want to go to school)

Just to learn to be a parrot,

(Just to learn to be a parrot)

And recite a silly rule.

(And recite a silly rule)

If growing up means

It would be beneath my dignity to climb a tree,

I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up

Not me!

Not I,

Not me!

Not me!

I won't grow up,

(I won't grow up)

I don't want to wear a tie.

(I don't want to wear a tie)

And a serious expression

(And a serious expression)

In the middle of July.

(In the middle of July)

And if it means I must prepare

To shoulder burdens with a worried air,

I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up

Not me,

Not I,

Not me!

So there!

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
I still have most of my teddies and dolls. They are all around my bedroom and on my bed and I hope I always have them.

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
I did grow up for a time, but thankfully, I reconnected with my wise inner child and we both absolutely REFUSE to grow up. Life is more magical that way.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I still have most of my teddies and dolls. They are all around my bedroom and on my bed and I hope I always have them.
I was that way for many, many years. In fact, I wound up with a teddy bear family when my brother and sister-in-law gave me theirs. I held on to them until they were falling apart, but I looooooved my teddy bears.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Still have my original teddy bear! And a bunch of stuffed animals - too many!

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
I have learned that digital toys are better than physical as they take up less space than the real ones. My external harddrive which is either 2 TB or 3TB (I forgot which) is so small yet so big. It can hold the cat and soon the dog but have enough room so they will not fight. (unless I want them to fight for my attention)

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
I do not want to grow up, if growing up means being a grump, I want no part of it. I rather be young and fruity than an adult who has nothing better to do than to judge others. I think those judgmental people should look at this great invention to find someone to judge (oh by that way it is called a mirror)

Anyway, "growing up" is too much of a burden and too often used to mock people into doing what they want them to do (most of the time they do not want to do themselves). Maybe I am wrong, but I think "grow up" is way too, what am I saying? why put so much pressure to grow up

wait the dog is released? Wow!

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
All breeds large and small (and the wolf, etc) will be built on (add-ons for) the Big Dog base.

Hornet3d

Wise
Well my wife tells everyone that I am a 64 year old going on 12 so I guess then answer is no. Apart from still playing with dolls (poser ones) I play with model trains (live steam remote control) so I guess the saying that the toys just get bigger and more expensive is true, at least in my case. I have a collection of stuffed toys that I have collected over the years the majority of which are teddy bears. Having said all that there is so much of me and what I do that suggests I have grown up.................I just can't think of any of them at this particular moment.

quietrob

Extraordinary
Little dear
Stay close to me
You might get lost
Behind a tree
-The First poem from my father to his five year son.

I can discuss economic inequality, the NRA, the geosocial ramifications of the current American regime as it relates to global warming but if I were to mention Inuyasha, my second best pal who I don't see often enough would say, "what's an Inuyasha?" Most of my generation didn't check out Vegeta or a Goku. Is it kid stuff? Oh yes. Is it fun? You bet! When Sweetheart presented me with tickets to the Anime Festival, she received a hundred thousand cool points! Grow up? Why?