• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Had A Scare Today...

eclark1894

Visionary
I turned 63 this year, I'm getting old fast. I have diabetes, I'm overweight, and I've already had two heart incidences which have put me in the hospital. Honestly, I'm kinda afraid that if I go in again, I may not be coming back out. That said, I'm actually more afraid of living than of dying. Let me explain that last statement. My life didn't turn out the way I thought it would. I'm not married and don't have any kids, so I would have to depend on my family , and we're talking mainly nieces and nephews and their children. I'm doomed. Anyway, the scare I mentioned. I've lived in my present house since i was about 12, and there's a good number of people on the street that I grew up with. There is this one guy across the street, met him when we were kids, we're both about the same age. He came over today and asked me for a ride to the store. That alone was out of the ordinary, but he told me the reason why. He was diagnosed as having Alzheimer's, and his doctor told him not to drive anymore.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
That IS scary. You never know when something like that can happen, as I don't know whether there are any signs you can look for soon enough to work through it.

Terre

Renowned
Eek! That is scary. Hopefully you won't develop it yourself.
Having seen a lady who lived across the street from the store I work at go from a strong willed woman to a trusting child was very sad. At least the last few times I saw her my face was familiar and someone she could trust even though she no longer actually remembered me. The store was a familiar place and I ended up beign able to help her get back across the street to her home several times.

Greybro

Inspired
A friends mother has been going through what I am certain is a living hell with a parallel disease to Alzheimer's for 4 or 5 years. It took her sister in 4 months. She went from building houses to not being able to take care of herself in no time, then off to what's next. I sometimes think she was the luckier one of the two though I cannot call anyone afflicted with that lucky.

I hope your health improves eclark1894. Sincerely.

Terre

Renowned
That is very sad Graybro but I agree that the quick track was better for the patient and family. Hard on them though.