• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Google makes Nik Collection free for everyone.

Lissa_xyz

I break polygons.
I personally love these tools and have gotten a fair bit of usage out of them. Happy to see they've lifted the commercial status of the software.

Photo enthusiasts all over the world use the Nik Collection to get the best out of their images every day. As we continue to focus our long-term investments in building incredible photo editing tools for mobile, including Google Photos and Snapseed, we’ve decided to make the Nik Collection desktop suite available for free, so that now anyone can use it.

The Nik Collection is comprised of seven desktop plug-ins that provide a powerful range of photo editing capabilities -- from filter applications that improve color correction, to retouching and creative effects, to image sharpening that brings out all the hidden details, to the ability to make adjustments to the color and tonality of images.

Starting March 24, 2016, the latest Nik Collection will be freely available to download: Analog Efex Pro, Color Efex Pro, Silver Efex Pro, Viveza, HDR Efex Pro, Sharpener Pro and Dfine. If you purchased the Nik Collection in 2016, you will receive a full refund, which we’ll automatically issue back to you in the coming days.

We’re excited to bring the powerful photo editing tools once only used by professionals to even more people now.

Original announcement: Today we’re making the Nik Collection available to everyone, for free. Photo…

Homepage and download: Google Nik Collection

/edit
They are amazing for more than just photography! I've used them for post-processing renders as well as creating/editing textures to be used as bump/spec maps.

/update
Each plugin also has an *.exe so they can be run in standalone mode without being ran as a plugin. Also, according to some users over in my thread in the Commons @ Daz, it can be used as a plugin from within lower versions of Photoshop, PS Elements, PSP, and even Gimp.

Last edited:

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Wow! The sharpener is the best I've ever used and my wet soon goes back to the ark. Will so be getting these. Thanks for the heads up!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Wow Vask, you're a wealth of goodies today. First the Blender goodies, and now these. ;)

Lissa_xyz

I break polygons.
Np guys. :)

@Miss B Hah, yea. I've been in creative mode slightly so I'm finding all the things. The Nik Tools announcement actually came across my FB feed from a local photography group.

DigiDotz

Adventurous
Thanks, I got it ..let the photomanipulation commence!
dawndressol.jpg

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
I just saw this news and came here to share. Great news, huh?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh Digi, that is a fantastic "aged" render. It so reminds me of photos I've seen of my folks when they were young and just married.

Lissa_xyz

I break polygons.
Updated the main post.

"/update
Each plugin also has an *.exe so they can be run in standalone mode without being ran as a plugin. Also, according to some users over in my thread in the Commons @ Daz, it can be used as a plugin from within lower versions of Photoshop, PS Elements, PSP, and even Gimp."