• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Gold in Poser?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I'm not familiar with those shaders, so not sure what would be "better". My only question at this point is, what type of "gold" are you looking for? Do you want gold material such as gold silk or gold satin, or are you looking for gold metal, like jewelry?

I use a free set of shaders created by one of the guys on the SM Poser forum. Here's a link, in case you want to take a look at them, but be forewarned, these are mainly for use with the SuperFly render engine.

Ghostship's Materials

I also have this set by the late Dimension3D, but again, these are for SuperFly renders.

D3D SuperFly Materials

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Looking for gold metal for an object. I'll try those out. Thank you!

Me195

Extraordinary
Here's an old Baggins Bill shader that works well in superfly.

Baggins Bill Metal 1.jpg

Baggins Bill Metal 2.jpg

kobaltkween

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
Metals are essentially perfect mirrors with various levels of blur. The shader part is easy. The issue is that they're essentially mirrors. If you have no environment and a few lights, then a dielectric can look fine but a metal just shows empty space. If you want a good metal what you really need is a full, 360 environment that makes sense for it to reflect. Which, frankly, is often difficult for indoor scenes. HDRI's are awesome, but I often find it difficult to find one that fits the scene I want to build, especially since I rarely want contemporary images.