• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Gallery images rearanged?

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I just came in to look at the Media...and was surprised to see so many of older images on the first page... with a note it had just be uploaded!?!? Just mildly curious/suspicious.... why is this happening?

Thanks.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
hmmm, guess I hadn't realized my images were not already IN the monthly gallery... thanks, Lisa! :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ohhhhh, is THAT it? I guess when folks upload images to their own "albums", they aren't necessarily in the HW "monthly galleries". Interesting as I didn't realize that.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
The Monthly Gallery images have to be submitted through the Submit to the Monthly Gallery link which appears at the bottom of the HiveWire 3D Main page as well as the Store pages.

upload_2018-6-6_22-50-8.png

While the images hadn't yet been added to the Monthly Galleries, the Reward Points lists for each month had been sent to Lisa. March, April, and May submissions were added today to the March Monthly Gallery.

Sorry for any confusion, Lyne!

Doug Hunter

Busy Bee
Contributing Artist
A Question: Could someone explain to me if I have the correct understanding for the different classifications of the media galleries?

From what I understand there are two types of galleries;
1) User Media galleries
2) The Hivewire galleries

For The User Media Galleries
You can have three types; Public, Members & Private
  • If we post to our Public Gallery anyone visiting Hivewire can view it.
  • For our Members Gallery only logged in members can view it.
  • For our Private Gallery only the user can view it.
For The Hivewire Galleries
To go into the Hivewire galleries you need to make a submission to the monthly galleries and then the CVBees make a decision on whether to accept your entry.
If your image gets accepted you also earn Reward Points.

Miss B

CV-BEE
As far as I can tell, you pretty much understand what the different galleries are all about.

The only things I would comment on are, the Private Galleries members create can have more than just the creator of the gallery viewing it. IOW, if you want to create a gallery to show specific people what you're working on, you create it, and add the others as having permission to view it. I haven't done it myself since last year, so don't recall the absolute specifics, but you can have a private gallery with more than one member viewing it. It just wouldn't be available for public viewing by all members.

OK, I just thought of something, and that is, I may have been able to do so because I am a CV-Bee, so someone who isn't a CV-Bee who has created a Private gallery specific other members can view would confirm that's possible, then you'll have your answer as far as that goes.

The only other thing I'd like to comment on is the HiveWire galleries. The CV-Bees as a group don't make a decision on whether to accept an entry, in fact, I'm not sure exactly who does make that decision, as I've never uploaded anything for inclusion in the HiveWire monthly galleries. Perhaps someone else can add further information about this.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Monthly Gallery Submissions

Unless an entry submitted to the HiveWire 3D Monthly Galleries is in violation of the Terms of Service (TOS), it will more than likely be chosen to be in the Monthly Gallery. If your image is chosen to be in the Monthly Gallery, you will earn 500 reward points for one image or a total of 1,000 points for two or more images. However, you are not limited to submitting only two images. You are also not limited to using content from HiveWire 3D.

If an image is questionable or there are more submissions than the monthly limit, Chris and Lisa determine whether an image will be in the Monthly Gallery. To be honest, I don't know what or if there is a limit to the total number of entries that will be included in a Monthly Gallery. As the CV-Bee responsible for posting images to the Monthly Gallery, I may ask Chris or Lisa to review an entry, but I don't otherwise determine whether to accept an entry or not.

Recently, there haven't been a lot of images submitted to the Monthly Galleries, so I've been combining months. Wouldn't it be cool to see whether there is a limit to the number of entries allowed in a Monthly Gallery? Keep in mind you are not excluded from submitting an image to the Monthly Gallery because it was posted elsewhere or entered into a contest, although, some contests may request you not post your entry elsewhere until after the contest ends.

Hall of Fame Gallery

Periodically, Chris will select images from the Monthly Galleries to be included in the Hall of Fame Gallery. As noted, you will receive 2,500 reward points for an image chosen for the Hall of Fame Gallery. It's way freaking cool to have an image chosen by Chris!

Contest and Render Challenge Galleries

In addition, there are the contest and render challenge galleries.

• Entries for contests are posted through a submission page. The link for the contest submission page will be in the announcement post for the contest. Contest judges are selected by the contest owner.
  • Entries for render challenges are posted in the challenge topic on the forums and are judged by volunteers from the CV-Bees.
Ken Gilliland's Annual Open Rendering Season Contest is currently running (entries accepted June 5th, 2018 to July 15th, 2018). Judging for the contest will be conducted by the staff of Audubon California. Previous contests have been the CWRW Horse Render Challenge, HiveWire 3D Dusk Rendering Contest, and the HiveWire 3D "Jungle Love!" Rendering Challenge, as well as the HiveWire 3D Dawn Rendering Contest in 2013.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Thanks for the detailed explanation Satira. Certainly more information than I had. :)