• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Figures/People missing in Poser Pro 11

Dylan

Eager
Hi folks. I recently upgraded to PP11 and now notice that none of the Poser figures (Paul, Pauline, Roxie, Rex, Ryan, Simon ) are showing in the Poser 11> New figures>People folder/palette. In other words, the folders are empty.
Now when I installed the upgrade, I left it on auto-pilot because it was Friday evening and I wanted to go out and party. PP Pro 11 is otherwise working fine, I just need advice on how to find the new figures. I'm on Windows 7 on this particular PC that I have Poser installed on. Thanks in advance from your friend in Ireland.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
You're missing some of the downloads, Dylan. Check to see if all of them show up in the install manager - If you let the install manager actually install (I don't), I'd let it install again. Paul didn't come with Poser and was added on in an update.

bagginsbill

Inspired
I just happen to have a screen shot of the download manager, which I made not for your question, but for someone who was missing the PDF manuals. They needed to download and install the support files. You need to download and install the nude figures. If you want all of the content, you have to download all of these. Each one has a different subset.

After each is downloaded, the Download button changes to "Install".

poser dlm.png

bagginsbill

Inspired
Note: After content is initially downloaded and installed, you can switch to the Updates tab. This will fetch and install smaller files, which can update existing installs to newer versions more quickly than a full installer.

Dylan

Eager
Thanks so much Alisa and Bagginsbill. It was the Download Manager, somehow it downloaded but didn't install everything while I was out having fun on Friday night. I have opened it up now and it is resuming the installs. Thanks again.

bagginsbill

Inspired
You're welcome. Word of warning - DLM does strange things and I have a bug report regarding the fact that it gets stalled or severely slows down sometimes. Pausing and resuming usually fixes it. For this reason, I always babysit whatever it's doing.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I usually stay and watch my downloads because the Internet here is cranky most times and will stop my downloads.
Then I need to resume.
Keeps me from pitching a hissy fit when doing something else, coming back and wondering what went wrong.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Thanks for pitching in BB.

I prefer to use the Manager to download and install the exes on my own...not recommending everyone do that, though.

Dylan, glad you got it fixed. That'll teach ya to go out and party, kid (teasing, teasing!) :p

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
You're welcome. Word of warning - DLM does strange things and I have a bug report regarding the fact that it gets stalled or severely slows down sometimes. Pausing and resuming usually fixes it. For this reason, I always babysit whatever it's doing.
I noticed this when I first downloaded PP11, but assumed it was because it was the middle of the day, and SM's servers were busy with everyone getting their downloads. I paused it, and went back to them around 1:00am in the morning, and everything downloaded as quickly as I had expected them to. It never occurred to me it was DLM itself that was slowing down, practically to a standstill.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I never thought that either since our Internet server is wacky most times.
Ah of only Charter Cable would do a takeover on my server.
Gonna post a different problem in a new thread.

Dylan

Eager
Thanks everyone, it is all installed now.

Yeah Alisa, those Friday night parties do get in the way of other things. :)
But it all worked out well thankfully.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Good. I had a similar problem, though I had the "casual" figures, just not the naked ones, so I must've forgotten to install one of the downloads as well.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Thanks everyone, it is all installed now.

Yeah Alisa, those Friday night parties do get in the way of other things. :)
But it all worked out well thankfully.

:) But you won't be our Dylan with them, huh?

Glad it's all resolved - have fun with P11!