• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Error message when loading LIE file

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Help please!
I just went to use a LIE preset I had made but it wouldn't load and I got this:
Error reading file, see log for more details.
When I looked in the log this was what it said:
/Animals/HivewireHorse/Materiald/LIE Presets/DWD_Pintos/Fetlocks1.duf (4,10): unexpected character
Any ideas folks? When I sent the files to be beta tested they came through fine and I have not changed any thing.

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
Isn't 'Materiald' supposed to be 'Materials' ?

/Animals/HivewireHorse/Materiald/LIE Presets/DWD_Pintos/Fetlocks1.duf

/Animals/HivewireHorse/Materials/LIE Presets/DWD_Pintos/Fetlocks1.duf

I'm not sure how they made it through testing if that's the issue.

Also, most vendors put their name first i.e.:
/Animals/HivewireHorse/Materials/DWD_Pintos/LIE Presets/3dl
/Animals/HivewireHorse/Materials/DWD_Pintos/LIE Presets/Iray

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
@sapat every thing is spelt right, that was just me stuffing up with retyping it on here.
Thing is what ever the issue is its only just happened as it never came up in testing and nothing has been done to those files since they were made and sent for testing

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
@sapat every thing is spelt right, that was just me stuffing up with retyping it on here.
Thing is what ever the issue is its only just happened as it never came up in testing and nothing has been done to those files since they were made and sent for testing
That's strange. I hope you sort it out!

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
I am no closer to solving this, please can any one help? I really need to get this fixed so I can submit my product :(

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Have you checked that DS is pointed to the relevant runtime?
Yep, all the others in the set work fine just not this one. They were all made at the same time from the same runtime and they haven't been moved.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
could the texture have corrupted somehow? especially since the rest work?

3WC

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Did you open the duf file in a text editor and look at lines 4 and 10? There you will find the unexpected character. Don't know how it snuck in there since beta testing, but you may be able to fix it, or copy it here and we may be able to help.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
could the texture have corrupted somehow? especially since the rest work?
Thing is the same texture is being used in Poser with no problems do I am guessing that the problem in in the Daz file itself.

Did you open the duf file in a text editor and look at lines 4 and 10? There you will find the unexpected character. Don't know how it snuck in there since beta testing, but you may be able to fix it, or copy it here and we may be able to help.
That is the biggest bit of help ever! I couldn't figure out from the error message where I needed to look. I'll do that later to day and get back to you :)

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Ok so had a look at the offending file nd this is what is at line 4:
"id" : /Animals/HivewireHorse/Materials/DWD_Pintos/Fetlocks1.duf",
And Line 10:
},

That is it, I have no idea what should and shouldn't be there as I am not familiar with how DS codes things

3WC

Engaged
Contributing Artist
And maybe that is an extra curly brace in line 10? Not sure, but I guess if it works, you're good.