• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Editing rigging

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Hey hoping someone can help me out here, I am trying to convert some items from the Millennium Horse to the Hivewire Horse and have hit a bit of a glitch.
I took the items I wanted to refit into a modeling program to manually adjust the shape and fit, made sure not to add, remove anything, change the mat zones or uv's.
Opened DS and loaded the HW Horse and imported my refitted obj.
Using the transfer utility I was able to copy the rigging, (and morphs), from the horse to the tack and on the whole it works fine. Conforms, follows morphs and movement.
But....
I need to make adjustments to the rigging, there are some parts that are following body parts they shouldn't so are distorting when the horse is posed and there are other parts that need their own bones, i.e stirrups, and that is where I am lost.
I worked out how to add and remove bones and how to add new face groups but for the life of me I can not work out how to change face groups from one bone to another or how to add them to a new bone.
Can anyone please help?