• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Duplicate ID errors...grrrr!

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I had this once before and forgot how I fixed it and none of the information at DAZ forums helps.
Mostly they deal with how to fix it on Gen 3 models.

There is a script out but it is for DS 4.5and I can't get it to work in 4.10.
But this is on a texture for the Hivewire horse.

Can anyone please explain what causes it and how tto fix it?

Thanks.

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
If you go into your DS log.txt file and search for the duplicate ID errors in the log, it will tell you which file is causing it, then you can go find the item that's causing it and fix it. Do you have the pack installed in more than one location on your computer? Do you have all the assets needed to load the file? Are there any spelling or other errors? For instance is DS is looking for FHM and it's entered as FhM in the file?
Find the lines in your log and see what they're saying is the issue.

I you download any freebies from Wilmap's site, there is a link to a duplicate ID script in her zips. Not sure if it runs on DS4.10 but can't hurt to try. It's the one created by Richard Hazeltine from Daz.
Wilmap's Digital Creations

What lines in your log are giving you the error?

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I got Richard's script but can't get it to work in DS4.10
This is from the Sparkled set I'm editing and after getting seams fixed they pooped up while testing.

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
I got Richard's script but can't get it to work in DS4.10
This is from the Sparkled set I'm editing and after getting seams fixed they pooped up while testing.

Hmmm. Has to be something new since I didn't get any errors last time I tested it. Can you find the errors in your DS log file and paste a few of the lines in here? Or maybe when I retest it I can see if I get the errors and take a look at them.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Ooookay, found it in the log file and when I reloaded my sets I found the one needing fixed.
It no longer gives that error message.
I had just forgotten to change a bump map correctly so it cause conflict. :)