• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dog Bandana issues

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Hi,

I'm trying to conform the bandana to the Hivewire Big Dog in Poser. When I do that it goes all wonky on me. So then I go to try to parent it and the combo of the camera controls and the bandana itself I gave up. The camera controls are all over the place. Now I'm remembering why I hated Poser so much. Sorry but this code needs reworking in the worst way. I thought DS was bad but this is maddening. So not sure if there are any tricks for camera work that can be given to me to help keep my cool and how the HELL do you get this bandana to conform properly? This is just STUPID!

This screen grab is the bandana conformed. It's just not right!

Thank you
Richard

Conformed to the Hivewire Dog.png

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Also, on the camera issue, the maddening thing about the camera is that it seems to be set to World Axis rather than when you click on something the axis becomes the object your rotating or zooming or panning around. IS THERE A WAY TO FIX THIS PLEASE! Thank you!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I'm trying to conform the bandana to the Hivewire Big Dog in Poser. When I do that it goes all wonky on me. So then I go to try to parent it and the combo of the camera controls and the bandana itself I gave up. The camera controls are all over the place. Now I'm remembering why I hated Poser so much. Sorry but this code needs reworking in the worst way. I thought DS was bad but this is maddening. So not sure if there are any tricks for camera work that can be given to me to help keep my cool and how the HELL do you get this bandana to conform properly?
Hey Rich, I hadn't played with the Bandana in a while, and I'm also having issues BUT, I think the issue is the HW Big Dog went through updating as far as it's size, and according to Ken's product page for the Bandana:

" This has not yet been updated to work with the 12-21-2018 Big Dog Update. In the meantime, you can keep a separate copy of the previous dog version to use with those products."

I think we'll have to get after Ken to update it to fit the Big Dog's update. He must've forgotten to update it while working on all his other goodies since the Bandana first hit the HW Store.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
This is the best I could do, and you can see the Bandana is huge. I parented it to his Neck, and then posed him with his Sitting 01 pose. Then I just moved it around slowly to get it positioned, sort of. I even tried scaling it down some, but I couldn't find anything I could really work with.

BandanaTest.jpg

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Well it's good that it's just not me and it's the updated model. OK.

Thanks so much. I'll just wait for the update then! Thanks folks! :)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
@Ken1171 for those that have updated the model (or bought it after the update) do you have a work around until you can update it?

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I think we'll have to get after Ken to update it to fit the Big Dog's update. He must've forgotten to update it while working on all his other goodies since the Bandana first hit the HW Store.

I actually completely forgot that the dog was later repackaged at a different scale. I don't even know if my installed version of the dog is the current, or the original release. I am not used to the figures being changed after we create products for it. Can you guys remind me of what has changed? Was the original released saved to the library while scaled down, and now it's changed to be at 100%?

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
@RAMWolff
Cameras
Dolly Camera - In the list of Cameras is a Dolly Camera. This camera pivots around it's own axis much like Cameras in other 3D software.
Pose Camera - The Pose Camera in the list of Cameras will pivot around the center point of a currently selected figure. While this is useful for setting up scenes it's position changes when you change figures, and it seems to get confused when there are a lot of figures in the scene.

Also it is possible to make either the main or Auxi cameras pivot around a pre-chosen object, figure, or body part using the Point At setting in the menus. I do not remember exactly which menu it was under and do not have a copy of Poser handy to look. A useful trick is to use a Null object or one of the various Handle figures that come with certain content and are designed to be visible in preview but not render to set the camera to Point At. This should give you precise aiming control.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I watched a video on YouTube that was for Poser 11 that explained cameras and all things related. I think I'm going to understand that a bit more now. Thanks KageRyu!

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Also it is possible to make either the main or Auxi cameras pivot around a pre-chosen object, figure, or body part using the Point At setting in the menus. I do not remember exactly which menu it was under and do not have a copy of Poser handy to look. A useful trick is to use a Null object or one of the various Handle figures that come with certain content and are designed to be visible in preview but not render to set the camera to Point At. This should give you precise aiming control.

The "point at" constraint is located in the main menu at Object -> Point At. First select your light or camera, then apply this constraint. Now they will always point to whatever you set it to. I have a small cube in my Poser "Preferred State" called "Light target", and guess what I use it for? Once the lights are setup, I can move this cube and all lights will follow. Great for quickly setting lighting focus in your scenes.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
It should also be mentioned for Lights and For at least the Main, Auxi, and Dolly Cameras, you can parent these to figures or objects. This is very useful for light groupings that go to specific sources on a prop or figure, or for creating light and camera handles to quickly move them around as a group. If I had more time and it didn't feel like my head was caught in a thick fog I could explain this so much better...

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
If we want to move things as a group, I would instead recommend using a Grouping object, which I believe is new in Poser 11. This is a concept I have learned from 3DSMAX, and I find myself using it more often in Poser now that we have Grouping objects. It's a great way to manage your scenes, and it also became quite handy on the Scatter Tool.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
When the bandana is updated will it work with the various shapes that have been released as well as the new breed shapes that Sparky is doing for the Hivewire Big Dog?

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
When the bandana is updated will it work with the various shapes that have been released as well as the new breed shapes that Sparky is doing for the Hivewire Big Dog?

The bandana is in the "sweet deal" low price range, which doesn't include any morphs, but you can always copy them to the bandana yourself. Just go to the main menu "Figure -> Copy Morphs From", and from the list that shows up, just choose the morphs you want to copy. It's really simple. :)