• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Do you love seeing the Milky Way? (time sensitive!)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
http://features.weather.com/stargaze/

Let it all load, it goes down and many have THREE images each - many animated, lots of milky ways.... after it's all loaded and you can see all (see DOTS DOWN RIGHT SIDE) then do a File-Save As - WEB PAGE COMPLETE to a place you can find both it's browser internet shortcut/title name and a folder with all it's content! It's magnificent!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS MAY NOT BE HERE LONG, I DID SAVE IT OFF LINE!!!!!!!!!!! the Death Valley CA, has the Milky Way as an ARC across the whole sky!!!!!!!

I have other sites, like one that shows how to photograph (and has many photos) OF the Milky Way. I can add those later, but this one at the site I check my weather at, may not be here longer than TODAY and I just HAD to share this!

AetherDream

Breathing Life into Characters
Contributing Artist
Wow! That was so amazing Lyne-just amazing. Someday I would like to see something like that in person again. I remember some amazing skies from my childhood, but I have basically lived in an urban setting ever since.

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
I get a free show every time I go home in my dinghy :) The Milky Way, the Southern Cross, Orion's Belt, Sirius, Mars, Venus depending what time of the year it is. Spoilt am I.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I check my weather nightly before logging off at that site. I like being able to check a 5-day or 10-day forecast.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I get a free show every time I go home in my dinghy :) The Milky Way, the Southern Cross, Orion's Belt, Sirius, Mars, Venus depending what time of the year it is. Spoilt am I.
What?!? You haven't taken any pictures of all those goodies?!?

Just kidding. I know it's not easy to take pictures like that, no matter how good your equipment is. I can't tell you how many times I went outside my family's home in Tucson to try and capture lightning. Not easy.

frogimus

Adventurous
I miss the night sky from my youth. When you could actually see the colors of the stars and the shape of the milky way. Now there's so much light pollution, only the brightest ones are visible.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
that was the point of this "show"... how light pollution has ruined MANY areas... I THINK I saw the Milky Way from my own FRONT YARD in the middle of the San Fernando Valley (inland Los Angeles county)....we are talking dirt roads, houses spread out among orange orchards...MUCH less light.... but my memory is so vague.... sigh.
the site that shows/talks about HOW to photograph the Milky Way is here:
http://www.davemorrowphotography.com/p/tutorial-shooting-night-sky.html

but it's STILL a huge challenge! You could NOT do it in a dingy....but what a LUCKY girl you are, Lorraine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a photographer friend, who may be including his Milky Way photos in his soon to be open "sky photos for backdrops" store... we may be in for a SUPER treat! :)

Here is one on how to find the Milky Way:
How to Find the Milky Way

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Living in the inner city, I don't see the Milky Way except under unusual circumstances.
The Northridge quake in '94 knocked out electricity for most of the city. I stepped out onto the staircase after it stopped shaking and looked up and there it was. Impressive. But worrrying. If you can see that, something is seriously wrong.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
awww, still, maybe put that memory in "the silver lining to the horrible circumstances"?

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
oh yay! and you can SAVE the entire thing to your hard drive... at LEAST we can still see the sky that way... ;)