• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn scaling problem...maybe

David

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
I've been working on an outfit for Dawn. The outfit has two props for the head. I've parented the props to the head. The props follow the head in all body morphs except Amazon, Tall, Petite and Sora. In these four body morphs the prop stays in the Dawn default position.

ScreenHunter_310 Feb. 14 22.51.jpg ScreenHunter_311 Feb. 14 22.51.jpg

The first is with Amazon dialed to 1, the second is Petite dialed to 1. Similar happens with Sora and Tall.

This does not happen if I scale Dawn myself. The Super Model body morph also works just fine.

Nothing I know to do (which isn't much) will make the prop follow the head in these four morphs. Is this a known problem? If so, is there a way to fix it?

Thanks.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Sorry I don't know enough, I hope someone else comes along with a suggestion. I've had this happen with Sora and hair.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I'm not sure David...if it was rigging I would suggest the rigging hasn't been adjusted . In DS the rigging can be realigned to fit scale figures and then you use erc freeze but I can't see why this would happen with a prop...

3WC

Engaged
Contributing Artist
In my case it seems to be that the end points adjusting with the morphs are not being converted over to Poser from DS. So with extreme morphs, there is distortion. Or as in this case, props just don't follow. Seems like it is related, as I am having the issue with the exact same morphs.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
So just so you know, I checked, and this isn't something unique to your prop. I tried parenting a couple things to Dawn's head, a prop bandana I had made, a prop set of hair I had, and also some hair that was a figure (I often just parent hair made for v4 to Dawn), and in all cases when I dialed in Sora, the item basically stayed in place, putting it in the middle of Dawn/Sora's head. So it's not something crazy you have done with your prop, but something about how these morphs are made. What you might want to do as a 'fix' is this:

1. Dial in the morph on Dawn, then position the prop correctly for that morph or scale as necessary.
2. Export the prop as an .obj file (Go to File-> Export Wavefront Obj) make sure only the prop is selected
3. Uncheck all the boxes for the options you're given.
4. Name the file what you want the morph to be called, so for instance Sora.
5. Selected the prop and go to the Properties tab, click on Load Morph Target and then choose the .obj file you just made.
6. You should now have a morph that applies any translation and scaling you did to fit the prop to the morph. It won't auto dial in, since it's a prop not a conformer, but it will save people some fiddling.

David

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
OK, another problem has cropped up that I believe is related to scaling in Poser 11. The outfit I've created has the Sora body morph added to it. When the morph is dialed in, the outfit follows just fine, but if I inject the Sora Character the outfit does not follow the figure. I have to re conform the outfit for it to fit again.

This only happens in Poser 11 Pro. In Poser Pro 2014, the outfit follows just fine when the Sora character is injected. Is this a known issue, is there a fix for Poser 11, or am I just going to have to settle for reconforming when the Sora character is added?

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Gadget Girl! Your fix worked fine. Yes, it's not automatic, but it's definitely solved the immediate problem.

Thanks!!! You're a life saver. :)

Glad I could help.

OK, another problem has cropped up that I believe is related to scaling in Poser 11. The outfit I've created has the Sora body morph added to it. When the morph is dialed in, the outfit follows just fine, but if I inject the Sora Character the outfit does not follow the figure. I have to re conform the outfit for it to fit again.

Hmmm. I feel like this happens to me a lot too. But I'm not sure if it has to do with scaling or not. I could be wrong, but I've been working on some stuff for Zan/Tajii which are scaled versions of Dawn in the opposite direction, and I don't think it's happened there. I may try some tests later on. I think the thing is, when things don't follow correctly, I usually start by assuming I didn't conform them after all, but a lot of the time they were conformed.

David

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
Yes, the outfit is definitely conformed. As I said, this doesn't appear to happen in PP2014. It's only occurring in poser 11. I suppose it's not really a scaling issue then, but a Poser 11 specific issue. The problem is, I don't know what the issue is.

If you try some tests later, please let me know what you find. Thanks.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Yes, the outfit is definitely conformed. As I said, this doesn't appear to happen in PP2014. It's only occurring in poser 11. I suppose it's not really a scaling issue then, but a Poser 11 specific issue. The problem is, I don't know what the issue is.

If you try some tests later, please let me know what you find. Thanks.

Well I'm beginning to believe that Poser is trying to drive me insane. I won't clutter up your thread with another rant about how things seem to change on me (I have my own thread for that ;)) with no rhyme or reason, so I may not have the strength of will to try any tests to day.