• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn and Dusk 3D printing question?

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
Where does Hivewire stand on the rights to sell Dawn or Dusk as a 3D print? Basically can I use Dawn or Dusk as a basis for a 3D figurine to paint and sell?
I got an idea but found out selling 3D prints of certain models is not allowed. What about Dawn or Dusk?

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
Guess I need to look into make human and watch tutorials. Is there any way to put the tutorials I got from online stores like renderosity or other sites that are in Mp4 format and watch it on an Xbox? Would it be illegal to burn these tutorials onto a blank DVD. Wonder if my bluray player can play mp4 files on a USB thumb drive.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Alphina, if you want to do printing I would contact Lisa or Chris directly and ask them. I don't think they are set up for printing yet but if you ask they may be able to organise something.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Where does Hivewire stand on the rights to sell Dawn or Dusk as a 3D print? Basically can I use Dawn or Dusk as a basis for a 3D figurine to paint and sell?
I got an idea but found out selling 3D prints of certain models is not allowed. What about Dawn or Dusk?

No, not allowed. You may print 10 but only for personal use..you can not sell it.