• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Crossdresser oddity

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Got a bit of a puzzle I am hoping wiser minds might be able to unravel.
I converted an outfit from V3 to Dawn with Xdresser and it did an ok job, just a bit of poke through and shoes a bit hit and miss. No problem I thought, I'll just pull the .obj file fromthe !converted folder in geometrys into a modeling program and fix those little problems. So I did this, being carefull not to add or take away from the mesh just push things about, saved the fixed files out with the same name to the same place, (yes I know not a good idea to over write the files but hey), opened up poser and tried to put the newly fixed outfit on Dawn.
Every thing points to the clothing loading, its there in the list of scene contents and the hierarchy editor but there is nothing showing in the view port, ok so maybe normals got flipped, nope nothing when rendered either.
What the?
Any one got any ideas what happened?
It would be nice if one could take the converted items into a modeler to fine tune things but if this is going to result in a new case of the Emperor's cloths then I'll just have to see what I can do with the morph brush/fitting room. Not a big issue just an odd and slightly annoying one.
Cheers

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
Maybe save out the obj as a morph target, mod that and apply as a morph to the original within the program?

Instead of changing the whole OBJ file, HaiGan suggest to import the fixed OBJ as Morph target to the original XD OBJ.

I would run it again in XD, and add a FIX Poke value of 0,10. I usually do this. Then you can dial the clothes smaller or in Poser use the Morphtool to make it smaller/tighter.

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
Sorry I don't follow? Can you brake it down a bit please? My brain is mush right now lol

It does assume you are using Poser, although there may be an equivalent process in DS.

Load your converted figure.
File - Export - Wavefront OBJ
Single Frame
Uncheck every element except a single body-part that needs adjusting and OK
Uncheck all boxes except As Morph Target (no world transformations) and OK
Save with a relevant file name and location

Open the OBJ in your model editor of choice, and make your changes. If changes will overlap with other body parts, repeat as above and edit all your OBJs together so they match, then save each changed OBJ separately.

Back in Poser, select each body part, use Object - Load Morph Target, browse to the saved correction morph for that body part and give the new morph a name. A new dial with that name will appear and you can dial in your correction. Repeat for each body part.

Or you can try the other correction suggested above, which sounds much quicker!

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Thanks both of you :) Xdresser and shoes can be a real pita lol Boots and closed shoes are not so bad but jandles that end up with straps going through toes just wont fly

Edit: Yes I am using Poser, DS and I don't get along very well