• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Creating a morph from scaling

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
So I feel like I saw how to do this once upon a time, but I can't find it anymore. I've created a robe for Dusk. Now that there is an Axel version for Poser, I went ahead and got Axel, and spent some time adjusting the robe to fit him. The biggest changes where scaling but there are some other changes as well. Is there a way I can save this as a morph?

I should mention that the robe is a prop using dynamics. Also I have PP11 and also 2014 Game Dev.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hey GG, wouldn't resaving the pp2 save the morph with it? I know I've done a sim for a dynamic dress someone else created, and I saved it as a new pp2, which retained the sim. I would think resaving it would save the new morphs as well. Or you could try saving it as a pp2 for Axel, separate from the pp2 for Dusk.

English Bob

Adventurous
Am I right to assume you want an 'Axel fit' dial?

If so: Export your scaled robe, fitted to an un-posed figure, as an OBJ. It doesn't matter where you save it. However don't check the 'export as morph target' box, because that will cancel any scaling or translation you've applied.

Then apply the exported mesh as a morph target. You can delete the OBJ file afterwards if you want.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Am I right to assume you want an 'Axel fit' dial?

If so: Export your scaled robe, fitted to an un-posed figure, as an OBJ. It doesn't matter where you save it. However don't check the 'export as morph target' box, because that will cancel any scaling or translation you've applied.

Then apply the exported mesh as a morph target. You can delete the OBJ file afterwards if you want.

Thanks, that was just what I was trying to do. I also realized I could make a script that would adjust the scaling, but this is much easier.