• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Converting Item

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Hey I am hopping someone in the hive mind can help me out here, I am wanting to convert the Jinchuu Ken outfit for M3 to M4 Jinchuu Ken for M3 | 3D Models and 3D Software by Daz 3D
I have used Xdresser for the initial conversion and most of it is ok but I am having problems with the sleeves, there is something going on with the joint zones in the collar/shoulder area,(see pic), and I am not too sure how to adjust them to fix it.
ArmUp.jpg

The other sleeve problem is there is a bit of sleeve that has been grouped to the hand when it should be in the forearm group and I can not for the life of me work out how to change that.
I do not want to convert it to weight maps as I will be using the outfit in DS eventually.
Thanks

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
Try going into crossdresser's options menu and ticking the option to not regroup the object. The downside is M4 and M3 have different joints so this will likely cause other issues. You could also try unticking the option to include Head, Hands, and feet. You could try using the group/joint editor to manually regroup those forearm elements. I am unsure what might be causing that joint issue at the collar though.
I am not an expert with Crossdresser and have my own number of issues on some outfits (any with extra groups, handles, or embeded props).
This tutorial looks as if it might address one of your issues.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
@KageRyu I am more inclined to try doing the fixing in poser itself and I have do that before but my memory is failing on how lol

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
@Dreamer that tutorial I linked to has some of that info for doing fixes in Poser using Joint editor and Grouping tool. I am a novice when it comes to grouping and rigging.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
This happens because the shape of the outfit is different from the shape of the body. What's happening there is that the weight map projection only accounts for what's close to the body, so in general it doesn't work well with loose outfits. Assuming the grouping is Ok, all you have to do is smooth out the weight maps on the sleeves using the Joint Editor. That should resolve these posing issues. You will face this kind of thing every time you project weights over loose parts of an outfit.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
@Dreamer that tutorial I linked to has some of that info for doing fixes in Poser using Joint editor and Grouping tool. I am a novice when it comes to grouping and rigging.
Thanks, it looks like it might just solve the problems. Hopping I'll be awake enough today to have a crack at it lol

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
This happens because the shape of the outfit is different from the shape of the body. What's happening there is that the weight map projection only accounts for what's close to the body, so in general it doesn't work well with loose outfits. Assuming the grouping is Ok, all you have to do is smooth out the weight maps on the sleeves using the Joint Editor. That should resolve these posing issues. You will face this kind of thing every time you project weights over loose parts of an outfit.
There are no weight maps being used at all, it is using the old legacy rigging and I am not converting to weight maps as I want to use the outfit in Daz Studio as well

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Oh, that makes sense since M4 is not a weight mapped figure. In that case, you still have to use the Joint Editor to edit the size, range and position of the joint "zones", so they encompass all of the loose sleeves. By default, they only account for clothing that have the same shape and volume as the body they cover. Loose outfits don't follow that rule and will always need this kind of adjustment, no matter if it's legacy or modern rigging. It's still done with the Joint Editor, but instead of painting weights, you have to adjust the zones and ranges.

ShvrDavid

Motivated
Go into the joint editor and increase the size of the inner and outer spheres on the arm joints. It will take some experimenting to get them increased to the right size and possibly moved into the right spot. Transfers work great on tight fitting things, but on something like what you are doing the distance from the body is past where the characters base spheres reach.