Converting Clothing from Poser to DS & DS to Poser-VIDEOS

Discussion in '3D Content Development' started by Alisa, May 12, 2016.

1. Alisa

Alisa HW3D QAV Queen Bee Staff Member QAV-BEE

These were created awhile ago by HiveWire's Paul Lessard (aka CGCubed) to help folks convert clothing from one program to the other:

RAMWolff, Pendraia and Gadget Girl like this.
  2. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

Oh kewl! Thanks Alisa, those will definitely come in handy. :)

3. Alisa

You're welcome :) I think he put them up when Dawn was first released, and they used to be linked at the old forum ;)

4. Miss B

Well it's good that you linked to them again on the new forum. I'm sure folks will find them useful. ;)

5. Gadget Girl

Gadget Girl Extraordinary Contributing Artist

Thanks for sharing these. I had figured out some of this on my own already, but it helps to know the things like the best order to get your morphs over nicely.

6. Alisa

You're welcome :) . Paul Rocks !

7. Pendraia

Pendraia Seasoned Contributing Artist

Thanks...these will be really useful.

8. Darryl

Darryl Eager

So would you be able to auto fit non-Dawn clothing using the recent clones, then convert to Poser?

9. Pendraia

You possibly could...you just wouldn't be able to distribute them. I find that the few times I've attempted to convert from DS to Poser that there is a lot of work in it. For your own use though it wouldn't be as much work.

10. Darryl

Darryl Eager

Sounds like an experimental project. I've not even installed Dawn/Dusk in DS but if I could use it as a large, bloated, version of Wardrobe Wizard that would be kinda cool, lol. What issues off the top of your head should I look out for?

11. Pendraia

Distortion on the autofit...be prepared if you want a perfect finish to send it to a modeller and tidy up any distortion.
    Mainly in skirts along the symmetry line but you will find other spots from time to time depending on the outfit.
    Importing into Poser I'm still learning myself. I tend to have problems with missing parts of the mesh which I've been told is due to mesh issues(my own meshes...they work fine in DS though). My problems might resolve themselves though if I knew Poser better.

12. Darryl

Darryl Eager

Thanks, I'll set aside a few hours (or days) to work on that. ;)

13. Daniel Hicks(OganicPic)

Daniel Hicks(OganicPic) Admirable Contributing Artist

I'm needing help in creating materials from poser to Daz Studio format,and smart props in Daz Studio, never used Daz Studio much so, hum it's the BR Battle Buddy for Boy Bot

14. Alisa

Pendraia likes this.
  15. Miss B

Excellent Alisa. :)

16. sanbie

sanbie Noteworthy Contributing Artist

I am trying to download this...but it keeps going failed!

17. sanbie

I am so over trying to download with HiveWire...this is stupid...I can get 6 then it tries to download the same numbers and wont work....then it tries to extract before I have even finished downloading...and of course because I don't have it all it FAILS!!

18. sanbie

Okay I have got it...but only by downloading one at a time...if I tried any more than 1 it wouldn't work!

19. Alisa

Glad you were able to get it, Sanbie - I know I downloaded the files 6 at a time, without any problems, so it isn't HiveWire, it's likely your Browser and/or your Internet connection. I don't understand what would cause the files to automatically start to try to extract. Zip files don't work like that and HiveWire has no method of automatically installing products.

20. sanbie

I can't understand it myself Alisa...HiveWire is the only site I have trouble with...