• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Conforming hair tutorials

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Does anyone know where I can find a good tutorial on creating conforming hair? I was told of one over at DAZ, but I have two problems with that. The first is, it's probably going to cover creating the materials for DAZ and not Poser. Second, they want $64.00 for it. No thanks.

So I am hoping someone else can point me in a better direction. Free is preferred of course, but if it's way cheaper (and I mean waaaaaay cheaper) than that DAZ tut, that is the way I'll go.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Actually, I have Regina's (Lady Littlefox) set of tutorials for creating hair, and I'd have to open them up and check, but I believe she does, or at least did when she was at RDNA, textures for at least Poser, and possibly DS as well. I purchased them separately at RDNA years ago, and don't remember now how much the Bundle was, but it's probably more expensive now that she has all her products at DAZ.

My only concern with her tutorials is, she uses Modo, and I use Blender or Silo, and the actions aren't named the same, so I found it a little difficult to follow. The clothing tutorial she did in Modo I was able to follow along, but the hair one I've never finished.

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
The basics of material creation are the same for both DAZ and Poser, where they differ is when you set them up in each individual program. Though even there the basics are the same.

DanaTA

Distinguished
That looks nice, but Arki uses Hexagon, which I haven't looked at in years because I didn't like working in it at all.

They've been revamping Hexagon. In fact, they will be making a 64 bit version. It's in the works. As far as I know, the new stuff is still in beta, but that may have changed. People are saying it doesn't crash on them like the older version did. I, too, have Silo and have been trying to get back to learning it.

Dana