• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Calendar Girls for Diamond Dress

AetherDream

Breathing Life into Characters
Contributing Artist
Hi everyone! I just thought I would give you a peek at one of my projects that is in the works. It is called Calendar Girls for the Diamond Dress. There are twelve textures in all. Here is January-June. If you click on the thumbs, you can see a larger image. The set will have 12 textures for the boots, stockings, dress and bracelets. I am also including 6 textures for the earrings and 8 textures for the belts, although the textures on the dress are really optimized in most cases to be used without the belt. I tried to give the dress a little bit different look from the original texture to add variety. Let me know what y'all think.

Calender girls0.jpg Calender girls1.jpg

AetherDream

Contributing Artist
Thank you guys. You are always so encouraging! I should have mentioned that this will be for both Poser and DS. I got some great advice from Seliah when she was testing the bomber jacket textures and that led me to looking a little more closely at some of the DS settings and so after several days of playing around with shader reflections in DS, I finally got some shiny(so proud of myself ;)), so I will show my shiny DS earring texture set up for this when I get a good render, hopefully tonight, and see what y'all think.

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Really nice, AD! And loving the collaborative process, once again. Man, I love this place! Peeps be such wonderful peeps to each other :)

AetherDream

Contributing Artist
Okay, so I had a couple of hours today to work with some stuff so I pulled this project out and worked on it a bit more. Keeping in mind, this is kind of a big project, with lots of parts so it is quite a ways from being finished at this point. Calender girls2.jpg Here is July, August and September.

AetherDream

Contributing Artist
Thanks ladies. I hope to have the next three set up well enough to show them next week. We will see. It is kind of a busy week and right now I am just taking a few minutes to do a fun render. I have all the actual textures done, but they are not fully set up in a program for rendering. I think the final set will have 12 dresses, 12 bracelet tex, 12 boot tex, 12 stocking sets, 6 belt textures and 6 earring sets.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Heeeey, look at what I was missing! These new materials look so cool, awesome job, AE!

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
How'd you miss this, Ken ? :) Cool to have someone doing textures for one of your outfits, isn't it?

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Indeed, i didn't recognize the outfit at first. Materiais are such an important factor. ^^

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I didn't realize it was your outfit at first either Ken. A different take on texturing turns an outfit into something completely different in more instances than you would think.