• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Bear in the works?

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Hi, Robert, and welcome to the Hive :)

I don't think so yet.

VortigensBane

Busy Bee
Welcome, Robert!

If you're in a rush for your brown bear, there is an older one available at DAZ3D. It is called "Ursus Arctos." It is showing its age a bit, but at least it is a bear, and it is brown. There is also a much older one available on CGbytes called "Dwarvez Beorn Areid." It is really showing its age, but, again, it is a bear, and it is brown.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
I've moved it over to the Wish List, but I don't know who you'd ask to create one. Chris has so many animals in the early stages, but I'm not sure if/where bears are on that list.

Harimau

Eager
Bears as a group are very interesting - they are among the most dietary diverse group of animals ranging from purely carnivorous (the polar bear) through mostly insectivorous (the sloth bear, armed with anteater-like adaptations, eats mostly ants and termites), omnivorous (all other bears) to purely herbivorous (the giant panda). I am quite surprised no one has requested for a giant panda, so I'll add this to my wish list.