• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Are there Dawn to V4 to Dawn poses products anywhere?

WillowRaven

Enthusiast
Looking for a pose converter for V4 poses to Dawn and Dawn poses to V4, especially for the hivewire horse. Anyone know of any?

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
I'm not aware of any pose converters Willow Raven but I've usually found that V4 poses tend to work (in general) pretty well with Dawn in Poser. You'll usually have to make some adjustments to her hands and feet to allow for the differences in rigging. Once I've got them to my satisfaction I save them in a folder in my Hivewire Runtime in Poses - My V4/Dawn Poses. As for Dawn to V4 I don't know because I've never tried so hopefully someone else may be able to help out there!

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Actually, you can use V4 Poses on Dawn in Daz using Adams script to fix the hands and feet on most poses, but Gen 2 Poses will work on Dawn no muss or fuss. The Dawn to V4 will be the more difficult part of it as you will have to make manual adjustments.

This is the link to Adams Script to fix the hands and feet. http://daz.tall-tales-racing.com/resources/freebies/genesis/GnResetHandFeetTranslation.zip I use it pretty frequently especially on Ilona's Poses for V4 and it works for Daz native pose sets as well as the converted pz2 files in Poser. If you are looking to export into Poser from Daz though, you might apply the V4 pose to Dawn run Adam's script and then export using Poser Format Exporter (PFE) | 3D Models and 3D Software by Daz 3D or then re-save the pose if you are going to use it in Daz.

This is Ilona's Love in the Shadows Poses for V4 M4 on Dawn and Dusk with the script run.
In Darkenss and Light3.jpg

Last edited:

WillowRaven

Enthusiast
My current dilemma ... I created a character YEARS AGO, when everything was v4 (before Dawn) for a book cover, and I have to keep using that character for each new book in the series. So switching figures would be murder. I've been fiddling with v4 poses for her on mil horse, and it got me close enough to adjust her butt on Harry and his saddle. I was just hoping there was an easier way since I also have to place the same book's co-character, who was created with m4, on Harry number 2, lol. The four guards in the scene can be with dawn/dusk, since they are new people and no one will notice. I was just hoping for a little faster result, though.

Thanks for the script, too. I'm sure it will come in handy later.

Also, I only work in DS4.7 ... not poser. Any other tips or leads are welcome.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
My current dilemma ... I created a character YEARS AGO, when everything was v4 (before Dawn) for a book cover, and I have to keep using that character for each new book in the series. So switching figures would be murder. I've been fiddling with v4 poses for her on mil horse, and it got me close enough to adjust her butt on Harry and his saddle. I was just hoping there was an easier way since I also have to place the same book's co-character, who was created with m4, on Harry number 2, lol. The four guards in the scene can be with dawn/dusk, since they are new people and no one will notice. I was just hoping for a little faster result, though.

Hmm......... not that I know of for Dawn to V4, but you might save out the pose once you have it as you want it for V4 and then apply it when you need to, and it's possible someone else might have a better solution.

You're welcome!! The script does come in handy! LOL =-)

Hornet3d

Wise

I understand your dilemma, I had a similar problem when I moved to Dawn, I held off for a while but in the end I did the switch and then had to go back a redo my V4 renders with Dawn instead. If you are running a storyline it certainly makes adopting a new figure a fairly big undertaking.