• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Archeological animators?

ockham

A random question, just curious. My paid work is educational animation, using Poser to build and animate neurons and vocal folds and such. I've used the Hivewire cat skeleton to illustrate the difference between human skulls and quadruped skulls.

Are there any archeological animators? Have you heard of anyone using your figures and skeletons to model things like this?

Deer Mandible Tools from the Country Club Site - Kansas Memory

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I think Sparky did bones for the HiveWire horse. Other than that Chris is working on a human skeleton.

What do archeological animator animate?

ockham

Well, I'm not sure what they would do. I'd guess they might work for museums, building the digital version of those 'dioramas' that used to be made of wood and papier-mache. Or trying to envision how a tool or pot was actually used, or how a ritual was performed?

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I think Sparky did bones for the HiveWire horse. Other than that Chris is working on a human skeleton.

What do archeological animator animate?
She did for the Big Cat, the horse is more of a zombie horse (skeletal head but with skin over the bones for the rest (She has done the same for the Big Cat and Dog as well but only the BC has an actual skeleton)