• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Applying Jim Farris's magnets to English Bob's Butterfly dress to create dress for Femasu

DollyGirl

Motivated
So I am trying to figure out how to apply Jim Farris's magnet set Mess 'O' Magnets - Poser - ShareCG to English Bob's Butterfly Dress Butterfly Dress. Jim's reference to the tutorial has long gone. I would like to recreate the tutorial so that FemaSu can have a new dress. I am using PoserPro 2014. Any help with getting this freebie to work correctly would be gratefully appreciated. Thank you.

DollyGirl

Motivated
Thank you, Janet for your kind response. I am truly a DAZ girl and I was hoping that I would not have to buy a product. You see this work is for the poserdazfreebie wiki. Since all of Jim's reference links in the product description are no longer valid, I thought I would update the wiki so that people could still use his work. Thank you very much for your help. I will keep the recommendation in my back pocket as they say.

DollyGirl

Motivated
Good news I figured out how to make the magnets work. Now to test my process on a new Butterfly Dress to make sure I am using them correctly and I can write up what I have learned in the poserdazfreebie wiki.

DollyGirl

Motivated
Okay! FemaSu is ready. I have the page created with image and instructions. Thank you everybody.
You can find the page here: Mess 'O' Magnets - Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki (miraheze.org)
Jim Farris (Xaa)-Mess 'O' Magnets.png

I converted the dress over to DAZ Studio. Ran a simple dforce sim and applied DragonStorm's texture set 1 to the dress. The above render was done with iRay. English Bob, thank you for such a nice dress. I created Studio files for the dress, choker and brooch. I think I can offer up the Studio version as long as I include the readmes and source information. That means that my zip would include to obj information in the form of dsf. Would it be okay if I do, English Bob?

English Bob

Adventurous
That looks great! I think you made a good choice for the texture too, it fits the theme well.
English Bob, thank you for such a nice dress. I created Studio files for the dress, choker and brooch. I think I can offer up the Studio version as long as I include the readmes and source information. That means that my zip would include to obj information in the form of dsf. Would it be okay if I do, English Bob?
Go ahead by all means. I'm glad this stuff can find new uses even after all this time.