• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Anyone here ski?

eclark1894

Visionary
Where would I find some decent reference photos for men's or women's ski out fits?

I'm a little confused about just what a ski outfit actually is. Is a snowsuit the same as a ski suit?

A ski suit is a suit made to be worn over the rest of the clothes when skiing or snowboarding. A ski suit made for more casual winter wear outdoors may also be called a snowsuit [ˈsnoʊˌsut] and are ... Wikipedia

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I haven't in decades, but you could do a search at Amazon, as they seem to have quite a collection.

James R.

Busy Bee
To narrow it down a bit, do you mean downhill skiing, or cross-country skiing? There’s a big difference between the equipment and clothes for both.

Miss B

CV-BEE
To narrow it down a bit, do you mean downhill skiing, or cross-country skiing? There’s a big difference between the equipment and clothes for both.
Good point James, as I hadn't thought of that, mostly because I usually think of downhill skiing, rather than cross-country skiing.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
I went on a school trip to Austria once, and we went skiing. I didn't know there were different types of suits. There were male and female versions, which all looked the same to me. :cool:

eclark1894

Visionary
I went on a school trip to Austria once, and we went skiing. I didn't know there were different types of suits. There were male and female versions, which all looked the same to me. :cool:
I'm with you Bonnie. I did not know there was a distinction. I though ALL skiing was downhill.:oops:

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Just ran a quick search for 'ski suit' on Daz, CGBytes and Rendo which turned up one result (Rendo) for an outfit called Ski Suit for V4 consisting of a micro mini skirt and shorty sweater more suited to severe hypothermia before she even hit the piste. Looks like another item for the wish list Earl!

D

Deleted member 325

Didn't see this until now.
I used to ski...long ago. Would love to ski again except for health issues and finding ski pants in my size.

Essentially, YES a snow suit is a ski suit (though I am sure there are brands of Ski suits that insist they are just for skiing). When I used to ski, depending on year, I either wore a full 1 piece snow suit, or, a very heavy jacket and separate snow pants. Ideally, you will also wear gloves, likely either some very heavy socks or multiple pairs overlapping inside your boots, a scarf is optional (your physical health and endurance will determine if you need one), a good heavy hat, and goggles. You may or may not want a full head ski-mask or the goggle clip on kind (I always found breathing difficult in either and so skipped those...in my later years I grew beards in the winter which really helps against windburn).

Best place for references and images is online ski and outdoor sports store catalogs.

Hope this helps.

eclark1894

Visionary
Just ran a quick search for 'ski suit' on Daz, CGBytes and Rendo which turned up one result (Rendo) for an outfit called Ski Suit for V4 consisting of a micro mini skirt and shorty sweater more suited to severe hypothermia before she even hit the piste. Looks like another item for the wish list Earl!
Yeah, well, not gonna do it now, so if someone else wants to... I had already done the skis, and was working on the boots, but since there's already like fifty outfits and props already out there... meh.

D

Deleted member 325

Yeah, well, not gonna do it now, so if someone else wants to... I had already done the skis, and was working on the boots, but since there's already like fifty outfits and props already out there... meh.
But not 50 well made ones... and certainly not for Dawn or Dusk ;)

I think you should tell us forum lurkers when asking for reference that you are looking because you are thinking of modeling, that way we wont post links to products already out and discourage you. I feel bad having been part of that, as it certainly was not my intent.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Are any of them for Dawn or Dusk???? If not, then you could still create it/them. ~hint, hint, hint~

eclark1894

Visionary
But not 50 well made ones... and certainly not for Dawn or Dusk ;)

I think you should tell us forum lurkers when asking for reference that you are looking because you are thinking of modeling, that way we wont post links to products already out and discourage you. I feel bad having been part of that, as it certainly was not my intent.
Yeah, cause that'll work. Or did you not read the thread where I was asking about horse trailers?