• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Anyone else finding this with Big Cat (and House Cat) Claws In-Out?

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
I'm trying to pinpoint whether this is just me and something to do with my own setup, or whether it's more general.

I have Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, DAZ Studio 4.10.0.123 (latest update), and downloaded a fresh copy of the Big Cat files today to re-test with (nothing changed). Limits are ON, .duf files are saved uncompressed.

If I load the Big Cat and straight away apply the Stretching 01 pose from the Base poses, the Right Rear Claws In-Out dial setting does not change, but every other Claws In-Out setting changes to 100%.

If I set all four Claws In-Out dials to 100% and apply the !Zero Body or !Zero All poses from the Base poses, the Right Rear Claws setting remains at 100% while all the other claw settings go to 0%.

If I save any Pose Preset, the Right Rear Claws In-Out dial setting is not saved to the .duf file (I checked in the editor, it does not exist in the file while all three other Claws In-Out settings do).

I have attempted to manually add a line to the duf file for the RR claws, without success at controlling the setting yet.*

A less thorough test of the House Cat seems to suggest that it is behaving the same way.

Does anyone else have this? I'm sure the Cat must not have done this when first released because it would never have got through testing, but is what I am seeing now limited to my own system? If so- anyone got any ideas about how to fix it??

*Edit: I have now managed to manually edit the file so it works, but that still doesn't explain why it doesn't save the setting in the first place.

Last edited: