• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Solved Animation Specific Sub Forum?

D

Deleted member 325

Would it be possible to get a sub-forum area dedicated to Animation? Maybe with it's own categories for things like:
• Tutorials and Theory
• Resources
• WIPS and Previews
• Screening Room

I know, I want a lot... just though as I am seeing more animated clips pop up here and there, a place for us animators to congregate might be of great use.

Of course, I am unsure if I put this request in the right place myself.

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Sure, we can create that for you. What do you think would be the best parent forum for it?

D

Deleted member 325

The two categories I think it would fit under best on the main page are either "Connect & Share" or maybe "Render and Celebrate", though the second looks to be aimed more at challenges.

LisaB

Staff member
Co-Founder
Wouldn't something like you are proposing be under "Learn & Practice"?

What about at the top of the "Using 3D Software" listing?

D

Deleted member 325

I was thinking of it as more of a main root like The Meadow for example, easier to find from the main page. I suppose it might fit in Learn and Practice.

LisaB

Staff member
Co-Founder
Gotcha. Sounds like it should be a sub-forum of Learn & Practice.

Connect and Share is pretty laid back and lacks the specific focus you're looking for.

Render and Celebrate assumes you have the basics down and want to hone skills for contests, challenges and the like. Your "Screening Room" could go here.

Learn & Practice seems like the best place to focus and explore the things you mentioned - Theory, Resources, WIPs.