• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Animated Poses

eclark1894

Visionary
I have a quick but important question I hope you guys can help me on. I suppose it's mostly an ethics question about poses. Is it wrong or unethical to take hand poses for a figure like V4 and animate them to sell? For the record, I just want to know if you think it's right or wrong. I'm going to do my own hand poses from scratch.

eclark1894

Visionary
Let's put it this way. You go through the trouble of making several hand poses and gestures and put them up for sale. I come along, take your poses and using it as a starting base only, animate them, making a fist. saluting someone, grabbing something and picking something up. Now as I said, I'm only using your poses as a starting pointing for me to animate, but I can see where someone might see that as "stealing" or cheating.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I see your point. Can you do them with your own original starting point?

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
If it was me I would do that. Then you won't be stepping on anyone's toes. Hand animations, now those sound interesting!

eclark1894

Visionary
I'm working on animated poses for Dusk and Dawn. Starting with Walk Cycles. Dusk was fairly easy to do. Dawn's a bit more difficult. There are things about how women walk that I never even considered. Just finished watching a couple of videos on Youtube called how to walk like a girl and how to walk in heels. I always thought women swayed their hips from side to side. I thought it was a natural action, but I found out I was wrong. They aren't swaying from side to side, it just looks that way because of how they plant their feet when they walk. I've been trying to observe women as they walk, but you get the wrong kind of reputation real quick if you do that.