• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

An honest request to vendors everywhere...

eclark1894

Visionary
Hey guys, despite the fact that I just created a web directory Poser Vendor Directory | Welcome to help customers find you. They, like me, don't always know what name you create under and what name you use in the forums.. Case in point, this week I was trying to create some sorceress poses for Dawn. So I wanted her to dress the part. I'm inspired more and can pose better when I see the figure as the character I'm posing for. I did go looking for some stuff but nothing jumped out at me, so I spent this week modeling an outfit for Dawn. So today imagine my surprise to run across some posts by a vendor here, and lo and behold, I see the very outfit I'm looking forl. So alrighty, this vendor is promoting an outfit for Dawn that will work for my purposes. I can kill my modeling and move on to something else. Problem is, I can't find a link to any of the products she's showcasing. So I See that she's a contributing Artist and I go to the Shop area and look for her name under Contributing Artists. I don't see her name. Maybe she's in the store under another name, but which one? I went through every name on the list , except for the one's I obviously knew and still did not see her work or the outfit I was looking for.

I was about to give up and just go back into Blender and finish my model, but something told me to check under TOP Selling Vendors. Sure enough, there was her name. My point being is that this vendor and subsequent others I'm buying for accessories that match what I'm going for, almost lost a sale, because I couldn't find their product. All I'm saying is what's the point in showing me a product I can't find? Please consider posting links to your product page in the future. And it it's a matter of not being able to post a link because the product isn't actually in the store at the time the post was originally made, then at least post a link to your store in the first post of the thread.

Thanks for listening.

I've run into that same problem. And even when I figured out what 'vendor' was associated with the forum member in question,
still didn't find all the products.
Maybe I haven't figured out how to search properly. Only maybe it should be easier to find stuff.
Nothin' new though. I run into that problem in other places.

eclark1894

Visionary
:yeahthat: Now you should add it to your signature on the other forums you post on.
As soon as I can figure out how.;)

Might just have to start posting that banner with the address on it.

As soon as I figure out how. I'm pretty stupid when it comes to stuff like this.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Eclark, Most forums have a sig option in the account details section somewhere, and most allow for a banner. I wish more people would use it for their store or websites, it would make things a lot easier :D even just a nice little link we can do here, its not intrusive like some banners can be.

SM, on the store page on the left hand side, there is a category's list, about 6 down (it can change depending on sales as they are normally at top of list) it has 3 vendor sections, HW Exclusive Artists (eg: Chris, LisaB etc), then Top Selling Artists (eg: Sparky, Lully etc) and thirdly the rest of the Contributing Artists.
Go by the list and not the logos, for example my vendor name "Rae Designs" is in the list but my logo is missing from the page.

I think the categories can combine. So if I had chosen one sort of category and then another there are too many filters in play.
Something like that. I get myself messed up often that way and then it seems I have to start over to clear the categories.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Just keep in mind that if it's another store's forum, that may not be allowed
Hmmmm, OK. His directory isn't a "store" in and of itself, but you may be right, as there are direct links to other stores.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I was looking on Renderosity's poser Forum and I don't even think it can be done there. I'd have to add it manually.
I have a link to one of my sites in my Renderosity forum posts, though it's just a text link, and not a graphic link like the one I have here. Oh wait, do you mean you only want it to appear in your posts in the "Poser" forum(s) at Renderosity? In that case, no, I think it's all forums, or none at all. I don't think any forum software has the option to only have it appear "sometimes".

kobaltkween

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
Wow. OK, I thought I was going crazy for a bit. So, for anyone else who's reading this and wondering what the heck everyone is talking about, you have to go to your forum preferences and opt in to see people's signatures.

And I'm kobaltkween everywhere for precisely this reason. I want to be findable and consistent. But a sig is a great idea and a perfect practice I've avoided for no good reason other than my constant struggle with my urge to hide my work.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I'm Faery_Light here and Faery_Light AKA BluEcho at CP.
At Renderosity I'm still BluEcho (no desire to pay to change it) but store is inactive there.

I no longer have a store at DAZ since I only had one there and it was discontinued long ago.

And I'm wondering about when you partner with someone, Rae and I use FL-RD Designs and Dreamer and I will use Faery_Dreamer but will the products appear in both our stores?

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
And I'm wondering about when you partner with someone, Rae and I use FL-RD Designs and Dreamer and I will use Faery_Dreamer but will the products appear in both our stores?

When CAs collaborate at HiveWire, we don't set up a new CA name. The products are listed as being by both/all of the individual CAs. You pick one of you to have the ReadMes and Templates folders listed under. Hope that helps :)

kobaltkween

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
Pardon, but how do you add an uploaded image to the signature? I see how to go the URL route, but not how to upload one.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
When CAs collaborate at HiveWire, we don't set up a new CA name. The products are listed as being by both/all of the individual CAs. You pick one of you to have the ReadMes and Templates folders listed under. Hope that helps :)
Yes, thanks.
I know Rae and I already have a product so I should have known but got brain fog again...lol.