• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Alan Rickman RIP

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Oh, another sad loss :(. Loved him as Snape and also in Galaxy Qwest...

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
And one hell of a psycho con artist... Die Hard was the first time I ever saw him act. He was a highly intelligent individual, too... :(

ben

Inspired
Very sad news. I remember seeing him on the BBC years ago. I'm probably weird as I liked him in the film Dogma, he was funny

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
And one hell of a psycho con artist... Die Hard was the first time I ever saw him act. He was a highly intelligent individual, too... :(
That's the first thing I saw him in as well Seliah, and loved him as Professor Snape in the Harry Potter movies. I always thought he stole the show (movie) as the Sheriff of Nottingham in Robin Hood. Pure genius of an actor.

R.I.P. Good Sir.

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
So sad, and both our great losses this year lost to cancer. The true villain in this world. *sigh*

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
This is such sad news, never seen a movie of his I didn't love. His voice was so distinctive and memorable. His Sheriff of Nottingham was so good. :notworthy:

AetherDream

Breathing Life into Characters
Contributing Artist
I am very saddened by this news. He is one of my all-time favorite actors. I have been so buried in work that I have not watched any news for the past few weeks. He was an amazing talent--

Miss B

CV-BEE
I agree Aether. I was hooked with his very first film, Die Hard, and just got more hooked with Robin Hood, and of course the Harry Potter movies.

I suppose it shouldn't be surprising how good, and versatile, an actor he was, as he was classically trained, which in London means Shakespeare.

AetherDream

Contributing Artist
I also loved his performance in Sense and Sensibility. I have a real preference for classically trained actors.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I agree. Another favorite of mine is Patrick Stewart, who of course is best known for Star Trek, Next Generation, but I saw him as the male lead in Much Ado About Nothing a few decades ago during our then Shakespeare In The Park summer series in Central Park. He was fabulous.

AetherDream

Contributing Artist
I adore Patrick Stewart. What an amazing opportunity to have seen him in a stage performance. I love Much Ado About Nothing. One of my versions of Macbeth have him in it. I have to add another amazing actor to this list, Sir Ian McKellen, my all time favorite actor.

Last edited:

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ohhhhhh, YES!!! I always liked him as an actor, but once I saw him as Gandalf in Lord of The Rings, I was totally amazed!!

AetherDream

Contributing Artist
OMG yes!!!! His Gandalf performance was so endearing. When I saw that he was the one playing Gandalf, I could not have been happier. Gandalf is my favorite character from Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit(although Bilbo and Frodo are a close second).

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh, and I was offline last night when I remembered my ALL TIME favorite Ian McKellan character . . . Magneto from the X-Men movies!! I can't imagine anyone playing that role as well.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Oh, and I was offline last night when I remembered my ALL TIME favorite Ian McKellan character . . . Magneto from the X-Men movies!! I can't imagine anyone playing that role as well.

Yes, and he paired up with Patrick Stewart for that role as well. Those two play off each other beautifully! One of the best pairs to be on the screen OR the stage together, if you ask me...