• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Adding body morphs to clothes

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Interesting. Thank you.

Seems DS would have the add morphs to clothing like Poser does. Maybe they come in with the transfer utility? Still aren't working though.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Interesting. Thank you.

Seems DS would have the add morphs to clothing like Poser does. Maybe they come in with the transfer utility? Still aren't working though.
You're welcome!

I haven't tried it, but I think the transfer utility may only work per use/render. Not sure, though. I don't think it's for merchant use, though, only private use. Again...I'm not sure.

Sadly, I bought Morphing Clothes some time ago, but never had the chance to use it.

Dana

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I can't remember if you have to have a clone to use the transfer utility, or not. I slept since then! lol
If you go back to your rigging files, it should have the info there. Or in the notes.

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
The transfer utility is to copy the weight maps and bones from the source figure into your clothing so it is easier for you to edit later , there is also an option to transfer JCMs and morphs automatic .
If you want to copy auto smooth option you need to export the adjusted morphs manually for your clothing .
For example after you rigged your clothing you change the shape of Luna to chubby , then use auto follow smooth modifier to adjust the clothing exactly to the shape and then export the adjusted morph so it can be later used also in Poser . When you yes transfer utility it will also create "Expand ALL" morph for adjusting if any poke through happens later .

Clones are used to transfer one clothing for example for Genesis to Dawn but clones are illegal and can't be shared officially , it is only option for end user to use it or make own clone. it is like the old crossdresser app for poser .

Remember that morph targets only load to your clothing when you use the sliders first before exporting to cr2 or save the new clothing, if you don't , the exported or saved clothing will have no morph target included in the duf or cr2

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-02-16 080814.png
    Screenshot 2022-02-16 080814.png
    46.2 KB · Views: 173

DanaTA

Distinguished
The transfer utility is to copy the weight maps and bones from the source figure into your clothing so it is easier for you to edit later , there is also an option to transfer JCMs and morphs automatic .
If you want to copy auto smooth option you need to export the adjusted morphs manually for your clothing .
For example after you rigged your clothing you change the shape of Luna to chubby , then use auto follow smooth modifier to adjust the clothing exactly to the shape and then export the adjusted morph so it can be later used also in Poser . When you yes transfer utility it will also create "Expand ALL" morph for adjusting if any poke through happens later .

Clones are used to transfer one clothing for example for Genesis to Dawn but clones are illegal and can't be shared officially , it is only option for end user to use it or make own clone. it is like the old crossdresser app for poser .

Remember that morph targets only load to your clothing when you use the sliders first before exporting to cr2 or save the new clothing, if you don't , the exported or saved clothing will have no morph target included in the duf or cr2
Would you be willing to do a little tutorial on this and put it on YouTube? I hope to get back into things soon and it looks like I'll need a lot of catching up to do.

I you're too busy for that, I understand.

Dana

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Would you be willing to do a little tutorial on this and put it on YouTube? I hope to get back into things soon and it looks like I'll need a lot of catching up to do.

I you're too busy for that, I understand.

Dana
I will Dana as soon as things get done here , as that would be great for more people learn quick to create great assets for our upcoming new family .

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Apparently the morphs were there but didn't show up unless applied to the figure. Does that sound right?

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Apparently the morphs were there but didn't show up unless applied to the figure. Does that sound right?
Yes Janet , that is correct , that is the technology of Genesis , once you conforming the clothing to figure and change the shape of the figure the morph will load to the clothing , so slide any shape of the figure you wish the morphs to show up before exporting to cr2 if desirable .
I go through this issue when I was doing the Huntress outfit for D1 long time ago .
When you save the clothing , all the morphs will be under data folder of your product.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Yes Janet , that is correct , that is the technology of Genesis , once you conforming the clothing to figure and change the shape of the figure the morph will load to the clothing , so slide any shape of the figure you wish the morphs to show up before exporting to cr2 if desirable .
I go through this issue when I was doing the Huntress outfit for D1 long time ago .
When you save the clothing , all the morphs will be under data folder of your product.
Thank you.