• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

about installing plugin

Hey,

This is probably not the place to post this thread since its more troubleshooting but uhh...There isnt a troubleshooting sub forum

So I bought this Dial Manager 2015 plugin for poser which was on sale.....but it doesnt show up......I tried using "installing from zip", then I put the plugin manually in both runtimes (public documents and in programfiles) in python folder and also in addon folder but it just doesnt show up....

Am I doing something wrong or is the plugin incompatible with poser 11?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hi MercuryRaven, welcome to the HiveWire Forums. :) I've moved your thread to the Using 3D Software / Poser forum.

In answer to your question, yes I use Dial Manager 2015 with Poser Pro 11. You don't indicate if you're using Poser 11 Standard or Pro, but Dial Manager should work with either version.

I usually manually install my products, especially any that are Python Scripts. Here are some screenshots you can check to see if it's files are in the proper locations. You don't say if you're using Windows or Mac, and I only use Windows, but I'm sure you can use Mac's Finder to find the same locations.

First is a screenshot of where in my Runtime I have all of Netherworks' Poser scripts:

DialManager-1.jpg

Second is a screenshot of what you would see when you open that Dial Manager 2015 folder:

DialManager-2.jpg

Third is a screenshot of another area you need to check, and that's to make sure you have Dial Manager 2015 listed in the Poser Scripts Menu:

DialManager-3.jpg

Finally this last screenshot is what you would see if you open this Dial Manager 2015 folder:

DialManager-4.jpg

Hope that helps. ;)

Hey Miss B! thanks and I am so sorry for posting in the wrong thread DXX

The scripts are finally showing up so that's cool! (I totally missed the part on scripts menu) but when I click on Dial Manager it doesn't stay on....for some reason it flickers and goes away.....I tried running it on admin but that doesn't seem to change anything....

upload_2018-11-25_1-28-40.png

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hey no problem about posting in the wrong forum. I'm always moving things around for folks new to the HW Forums. It takes a while to get used to where everything is. :)

OK, now, I don't use Dial Manager much, but when you say you "click" on it, and then it fades away, are you double-clicking on it to open the Dial Manager dialog? If you do, the screenshot below is what you should see. Could you have accidentally clicked on the Close button on the right, or possibly the Collapse button on the left? Or, could you have accidentally dragged and Docked it somewhere in your Poser UI setup? You can move panels around in the Poser UI to suit your own preferences. No two people have it set up the same. If you did, then it would seem like it disappeared.

DialManagerDialog.jpg