• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

A quick Question about hats...

Stezza

Dances with Bees
I prefer them as props so I can adjust them manually... the other way they always get distorted to much fo me when different head morphs are applied or if used on another generation figure.

I’ll even debone them in Carrara to do the manual adjustments. Dunno if you can do that in poser or ds though.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
You know, I can't recall seeing a hat that was a cr2, but I could be wrong.

OK, I just checked, and I have Satira's Sweete Reyn set, and the hat and cap are both cr2s. I'm not sure what the difference would be as far as hats go, except for sizing morphs, unless that can be done with a prop hat as well.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
I save them as props and then make custom morphs for whatever hair is on the character so the hair fits to the hat. For now, that's the easiest way for me until I get to understand Poser and DAZ better.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh, I hadn't thought of those, but yes, now that you mention it.

Martillos Cowboy Hat.jpg

Most Cowboy Hats should be see our too's.
So they don't get thrown off.
Not everyone can keep their hat on with their ears.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I agree - I prefer props over conforming when it comes to anything that goes on the head. It makes it easier to adjust for placement and size, as well as to use it with other figures. :)