• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

A day like this...arrrgh!

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Yeah, picked up my BP monitor and my wrist felt like it as breaking, made me feel like throwing up.
Then went to put hearing aid in and my thumb popped and a pain shot all the way up my arm.
I nearly threw up and got very faint from the pain.

In about two weeks I'll be 72 and wonder sometimes why I'm fighting to reach 100...sigh.

Oh yeah, cause my daughter still needs me and my grand-kids need me even if only to be here, that's why.
Well at least it's nice to be wanted. :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Sorry to hear you're having such issues FL. Rest up, and feel better soon.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
It's the damp weather, causes me to really hurt and Tylenol does not ease it much.
Xanax helps a little but I hate taking it twice a day as it leaves me foggy all day.
If I took it on a daily basis I would become addicted and I just won't do that.

A doctor years ago prescribed Ativan for me on a daily basis for Anxiety, did not tell me it cause a chemical dependency.
I learned the hard way when I had to change doctors and he insisted I go off it but said I'd have to wean off.
Then he explained why, I was angry that the other doctor did not tell me and give me a choice to say no.
It was very hard to wean off and I will not knowingly take a med that does that anymore.

Hornet3d

Wise
It's the damp weather, causes me to really hurt and Tylenol does not ease it much.
Xanax helps a little but I hate taking it twice a day as it leaves me foggy all day.
If I took it on a daily basis I would become addicted and I just won't do that.

A doctor years ago prescribed Ativan for me on a daily basis for Anxiety, did not tell me it cause a chemical dependency.
I learned the hard way when I had to change doctors and he insisted I go off it but said I'd have to wean off.
Then he explained why, I was angry that the other doctor did not tell me and give me a choice to say no.
It was very hard to wean off and I will not knowingly take a med that does that anymore.

Sorry you are having such a torrid time of things at the moment, I hope things do improve for you.

Medication is always difficult as there are alway side effects. I do try to understand what I am being prescribed but it is difficult even reading the notes that come with the medication leaves my head spinning. I think they list every possible side effect, no matter how unlikely some are, just to ensure they cannot be sued for not warning patients which makes a mockery of the whole reason for the warnings in the first place. That unfortunately means we have to trust the experts but as you have found that is not without some risk.

Thinking of you.

McGyver

Energetic
! Warning! The following is long and pointless and may contain inaccurate information, descriptions of bodily harm (by some body parts against other body parts) and a brief mention of a really big spider that may have taken my cookie.

Hey Faery_Light...
Sorry to hear that your body is giving you a hard time.
Bodies can be annoying at times... Don't get me wrong, they are great to have...
Without one you are going to have a real hard time moving stuff around, throwing pies, making coffee or trying to open doors.
Being disembodied is really overrated.
But as annoying as one's body can be they are pretty necessary even if they are painful.
I know I sound a bit like I'm advocating for having bodies, and it's not like you said you were gonna get rid of yours or anything like that...
It's just that I feel bad that your body is being a jerk, yet I don't want you to be mad at it.
My brain is always being a jerk and most of my body parts hate each other...
I haven't talked to my spleen in three years and my pointer finger and my left eye had a fight about a poking incident last year and they are still going at it... It's a little one sided, poking-wise, but you see how these things can get out of hand.
I guess as we age, our bodies and the various parts that haven't fallen off yet can get very cranky.
It's really hard keeping the whole show in order.
I wish you well with that...
Ow...
Damn it...
Stupid finger just poked me in the eye again and then I guess my teeth got in on it and tried to bite my finger... But they ended up biting my hand which tried to retaliate...
That was a rough couple of seconds there... Almost turn into a riot.
Now I dropped my cookie too...
I was eating a cookie I found under the sofa before...
I didn't mention it because I didn't want you to feel left out or cookieless...
Also it wasn't relevant to what I was saying.
Not that anything like that has ever stopped me from saying stuff that wasn't relevant or coherent.
For instance... Did you know that on this day in 1561 William of Orange was appointed viceroy of Burgundy and Charolais?
More importantly do you care?
Maybe if you were Dutch you might be sub-mildly interested, but see... It was totally pointless.
Actually, earlier today I found another coconut shell with a historic date reminder on it which had that scrawled on it...
Apparently at some point in the past I started leaving these coconut shells for me to find in the future, in case...
Ah, never mind...
The point was, just like the cookie it wasn't relevant.
I really want that cookie though...
It rolled under my computer desk where some really big spiders live.
I'm not afraid of spiders, but I'm pretty sure the big gray one has been taking my shoes...
So far six have disappeared... And I really don't know what's gonna happen if he gets two more.
Anyway...
This is getting too long and you are not feeling well, so I should probably stop writing before I make you feel worse.
Oh, I almost forgot...
No... I succeeded... I forgot...
No... Wait...
Congratulations on purchasing that 1972 Dodge Charger?
No... That doesn't seem right...
Did you adopt 72 ducks or chipmunks?
That doesn't seem right either...
72... ?
Oh... Right...
Your said in a few days or weeks, you are going to be 72...!
It think.
I'm going with that.
In advance, I wish you a very happy, pain free (free of pain, not that you don't have to pay for it), joyful, healthy birthday!
Get well, be well and whatever you do, don't fall down a well.
Bye!

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
:yeahthat: Plus get better soon. (Yeah cold weather does NOT help most health issues.)

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Yes, we do tend to need to listen to doctors but it is a good idea to use the Internet to check what they are prescribing.
I didn't have Internet back in the 80s and trusted my doctor too much.
He prescribed a cocktail of ativan, amitriptyline and a psychotic drug with an antidepressant thrown in.
Said it was for anxiety, ended up in the hospital twice before I had a change of doctors and then found out one was highly addictive.
The amitriptyline caused awful hallucinations, kept seeing demons and scary stuff.
Turned my life into a living hell.

The new doctor took me off of all of that, turned out I'm not psychotic...lol.
Now I have this conversation with any new doctor where I tell him/her if they try to poke that junk down they can I will refuse to take it.

Talking about that cocktail, now I want a Margarita, with no drugs thrown of course. :)

@McGyver, Thanks.
I always love to read what you write and if I'm feeling down it really cheers me up.
But now I'm trying to to remember if I said I'll be 72 or if I said there are 72 ducks in a row, or trains tooting their horns or...?
Oh well, must be getting old. :laugh:

McGyver

Energetic
Talking about that cocktail, now I want a Margarita, with no drugs thrown of course. :)

@McGyver, Thanks.
I always love to read what you write and if I'm feeling down it really cheers me up.
But now I'm trying to to remember if I said I'll be 72 or if I said there are 72 ducks in a row, or trains tooting their horns or...?
Oh well, must be getting old. :laugh:

I could sure use a couple of margaritas right now.

I'm glad if could cheer you up...
I forgot about the editing time limit and after I wrote what did, I had second thoughts about writing it.
I didn't want you to think I was being insensitive or making light of you problems, so was going to edit it...
But obviously it was too late.
I'm glad you got that was trying to cheer you up.
Sometimes, my sense of humor doesn't export well... My OS is a little screwy and my humor format doesn't always convert well to all platforms.
That was a horrible analogy.
I believe humor, or at least laughter is a very cheap medicine.
It's really not that great for gunshot wounds and serious burns, but at least the EMTs feel relaxed.
Unless the laughter is maniacal...
It makes me feel better, but it definitely freaks other people out quite a bit.

Anyway, keep feeling better and remember...
You not getting "older" you are "becoming chronologically enhanced".

Cheers Faery_Light!

McGyver

Energetic
Yo... Faery_Light!
I just realized it's approximately around two weeks later...
I did zero math on that... In fact, all I did was see this thread and remember you said "in about two weeks I'll be 72"... Which I'm not even double checking your post to see if that is in fact what you said, because I'm that impulsive...
Actually you should see the size of my coffee mug, which is actually a soup mug... It's mostly the caffeine right now...
But anyway...
HAPPY 72nd BIRTHDAY!!!
I hope it was a great one and if my math is wrong, "happy birthday" when it does roll around!!

That is all.

Cheers!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
You're a few days early McG, but I'm sure FL will appreciate the good wishes in any case. ;)

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
I've had fairly good results from ibuprofen for things like joint pain or muscle strains, but that is not one to take if you have any tending towards kidney trouble. Or stomach trouble, for that matter. It's rather like aspirin in that regards.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Yo... Faery_Light!
I just realized it's approximately around two weeks later...
I did zero math on that... In fact, all I did was see this thread and remember you said "in about two weeks I'll be 72"... Which I'm not even double checking your post to see if that is in fact what you said, because I'm that impulsive...
Actually you should see the size of my coffee mug, which is actually a soup mug... It's mostly the caffeine right now...
But anyway...
HAPPY 72nd BIRTHDAY!!!
I hope it was a great one and if my math is wrong, "happy birthday" when it does roll around!!

That is all.

Cheers!
Actually my birthday is Monday, th 12th of this month.
but thanks for the greetings. :)

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
JOdel, I have a severe allergy to ibuprofen.
It's my misfortune to be allergic to most pain killers and many other drugs.

gonna quit typing now, hands are really bad today...all of me hurts.