• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Almost looks like an M C Escher image. :)
I'm a fractal fanatic, BTW, but don't get me started, or you won't see me doing any 3D art for 6 months or more. :D

Oh, I have done an Escher render in Poser back in 2012 --> -It's Impossible- where the impossible triangle was modeled in 3DSMAX. I had to study Escher's art to get the perspective right. The illusion doesn't work in any other way. ^___^

The difference is that this fractal is really 3D, complete with lighting, shading, and rendering with raytracing. There is no discrete 3D model, though. It's an iterated formula like other fractals. This wasn't possible when I wrote my first fractal generator in Pascal and got started creating imagery. Only a decade later they came up with the math to make real 3D fractals, with infinite levels of definition in any scale. This is one of them. We can zoom into any parts of it, and the details never end. :D

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
That's what I like about fractals. The only 3D software I've used fractals in is when I want to generate a landscape in Bryce. Fractals is one way to create the ground. Hadn't thought it could be done in Poser, so very interesting.

I like your Escher model too. ;)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Oh yes, I bought Vista Pro decades ago and had loads of fun generating fractal 3D landscapes of real places, and then flying over it with animated cameras. Not only the terrain was fractal, but also the sea, lakes and rivers, the textures, the trees, and even the clouds. But this one was made in a fractal rendering program. I just composed it with Poser to put Dawn into the scene. ^___^

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ohhhhh, that's one I've not heard of . . . I'll just have to check it out. :D

Edited to Add: OK, it mentions GPU, but my laptop doesn't have a GPU, separate or built-in, so will it work with just a CPU based graphics card?

Last edited:

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
It's free, so it doesn't hurt to try it out. :)

I have modeled this park with willow trees for this render. Also features Dawn, some of my random unreleased clothing, and the HW cat and kittens. Rendered in Poser with Octane. ^^

WillowTrees_1200.jpg

Last edited:

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
DazStudio, Iray materials and shader.
Rendersetting used NvidiaIray thingy-photorealistic something with just sun and sky. Didn't fiddle with anything else since I don't really know what I'm doing when DazStudio is concerned but I do think my Intel HDGraphics 4400 is doing a good job with this.

Sora for Dawn Testrender

SoraforDawn.jpg

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist

I have modeled this part with willow trees for this render. Also features Dawn, some of my random unreleased clothing, and the HW cat and kittens. Rendered in Poser with Octane. ^^

View attachment 26196

She looks familiar but I can't place her.
Possibly the shapes just reminds me of some Michael Turner drawings?
Good work.

Hornet3d

Wise
Real life has taken up far to much of my time recently and then, with a few moments of free time I find I have also missed a stack of great renders here. I need time to go back and study but it could take an age.

Dawn does not seem too impressed by my enforced absence from Poser either.

Dismayed HW.jpg

Last edited:

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Superb Renders All !!!

I have modeled this park with willow trees for this render. Also features Dawn, some of my random unreleased clothing, and the HW cat and kittens. Rendered in Poser with Octane. ^^

View attachment 26196
Too Cute Ken!! You know it's an Insta Fave!! Love that top!!

DazStudio, Iray materials and shader.
Rendersetting used NvidiaIray thingy-photorealistic something with just sun and sky. Didn't fiddle with anything else since I don't really know what I'm doing when DazStudio is concerned but I do think my Intel HDGraphics 4400 is doing a good job with this.

Sora for Dawn Testrender

View attachment 26198

Stunning Jojse!! So detailed!! Kudos!!

Real life has taken up far to much of my time recently and then, with a few moments of free time I find I have also missed a stack of great renders here. I need time to go back and study but it could take an age.

View attachment 26203

Oh no that expression looks like .......... the cat ............. shredded the drapes again in your absence ......................... Bad Bad Evil putty!! Dawn is having separation anxiety!! Your background image and frame are a nice touch also!!

Beasts and Blossoms
Small Spring.jpg

Products Used: Dawn SE, Sora for Dawn, Flower Fairy outfit for Dawn, Dawn's Platform pumps, New texture set for Dawn's platform pumps and Fairy Flower outfit, but ..... not sure what to call it yet, HiveWire HouseCat, CWRW's Orange Tabby for the HiveWire HouseCat, Lisa's Botanicals Bell Flower, Leopard Textures for Lisa's Botanicals Bell Flower, BG image is from Dance of the Flowers Wings expansion set with aqua overlay, and Cherry Blossoms are from the Melidae Crown from Daz, and Bow Hair custom bow color.

Last edited:

Hornet3d

Wise
Superb Renders All !!!

Too Cute Ken!! You know it's an Insta Fave!! Love that top!!

Stunning Jojse!! So detailed!! Kudos!!

Oh no that expression looks like .......... the cat ............. shred the drapes again in your absence ......................... Bad Bad Evil putty!! Dawn is having separation anxiety!! Your background image and frame are a nice touch also!!

Beasts and Blossoms
View attachment 26212

Products Used: Dawn SE, Sora for Dawn, Flower Fairy outfit for Dawn, Dawn's Platform pumps, New texture set for Dawn's platform pumps and Fairy Flower outfit, but ..... not sure what to call it yet, HiveWire HouseCat, CWRW's Orange Tabby for the HiveWire HouseCat, Lisa's Botanicals Bell Flower, Leopard Textures for Lisa's Botanicals Bell Flower, BG image is from Dance of the Flowers Wings expansion set with aqua overlay, and Cherry Blossoms are from the Melidae Crown from Daz, and Bow Hair custom bow color.

That is cute, I like the different cat moods, particularly the playful one.

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist

View attachment 26203

She looks lonely, is she stranded on a spaceship alone? She should rescue someone from a planet or space station to keep her company.