• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I like her pose, Phdubrov. The smile is infectious. :)

-----------

Ended up with another artistic render here. This is very heavily postworked - lighting, gamma correction, color correction, DOF, fog, dirt, just to name a little bit of what I did to it. LOL

Raw render was in DS 4.8, 3Delight. These are Glitterati's Dawn Overalls, all dirtied up with brush work. ;) The morph is Norma Jean for Dawn, and she's part of the Morning Soul WIP package that I'm also working on still. The skin is Aether Dream's Sinead character. Full credits are on the media page.

View media item 2807

Last edited:

Me195

Extraordinary
Just a quick render of Diva, but something's different...can you spot it?View attachment 23334

Awww what a happy little render. Nice dental work too.

Slowly getting used to Poser (still find DS for me much easier by far)

I feel your pain. I'm learning DS. (Obviously not as well as you're learning poser) For the most part all of the tools are the same, but the organization is completely different. For me it's like someone took all of my tools off my pegboard, and organized them neatly into separate tool chests. Now I can't find anything and have to go digging for the tool I need. For a DS user it must seem like someone took their tools out of their well organized tool chests and stuck them on a pegboard. Now they have have this mass of tools they have to deal with including the large amount of the ones they don't need. Poser must look like a mess when people first start using it. One thing is for sure though, you make awesome renders no matter what program you use.

I pulled an all-nighter on this Thursday into Friday morning and uploaded it which went well right up until I hit the Post Reply button at which point my broadband connection went kabloooie until an hour ago. So....second attempt. THE CONSERVATORY. Dawn, mini-Dawn, statues and a couple of pesky parrots!

View attachment 23423

Wench Dress, Princess Dress for Diva, Conservatory Set and TheDomePropSet by Lully, Porcelain for Dawn by Varnayrah, Diva for Dawn by Pendraia Fae, Itarille E’enwear Pumps by Satira Capriccio, Plants from Hanging Plants by Lisa B, Birds (Sun Conure) by Ken Gilliland. All at Hivewire3D.

Twin Tails and Divine Hair by Fabiana, Vase by DM, Nymph and Greek Sculpture by Applejack, Gramophone by Mesh Manglers.

That is a wonderful surreal render. I love surrealism it always stirs the imagination.

So I've been working on a fairy outfit for Zan/Tajii. I've been trying to figure out the textures and I'm going to have. I was also testing the dynamics and how everything moved, and before I knew it, I had a render.

The wings for those who are curious are a set for Genesis 2 called Fractal Fairy Wings (can't remember who made them at the moment and I wanted to post before I went to work ;))

It was good I did the test too. I hadn't realized but I beveled the bracer and greaves in a totally different way. I like the bracer better, so I'll have to back and adjust the greaves.

Fantastic render. So when are you going to write that digitally illustrated novel?

What is a 3D mouse?

Lol I took too long type all of this and the questions has been answered already, so I'll say 3d Mice are awesome and the best way to animate camera movement in any animation software.

Me195

Extraordinary
I've played around with the comic book renders in the past, but was never able to get a good handle on them and just went forward with the regular rendering styles. Of course, this is going back to around Poser 5, and then again in Poser 7 and pretty much I never toyed with them much after that. By the time Poser 8 came out, I had converted 100% to Studio for my own artwork rendering. I may have to give it another play now that I've got PP11 on here. :)

Well in poser 5 it required magic tricks to get a good comic book render. The magic tricks were taken away by poser 7. Fortunately by that time I learned Monty Oum's double geometry magic trick that's universal to all 3d programs. Now that same magic trick is available at the push of a button in PP11. I think you'll make some fantastic comic book style renders. I can't wait to see what you come up with. On a side note if memory serves me correctly Studio has scripted camera that makes excellent comic book style renders as well. Although I could just be thinking of pwToon | 3D Models and 3D Software by Daz 3D .

It started as a promo render...

Hello darling! We are here...

View attachment 23472
Xurge3d Fantasy Rogue outfit, chair by i13, axe by Daz/Arien/Kraig, Ali's hair (if you see it).
P11/SF

Very nice render. The atmosphere of it is wonderful, and I love the pose and facial expression.

I like her pose, Phdubrov. The smile is infectious. :)

-----------

Ended up with another artistic render here. This is very heavily postworked - lighting, gamma correction, color correction, DOF, fog, dirt, just to name a little bit of what I did to it. LOL

Raw render was in DS 4.8, 3Delight. These are Glitterati's Dawn Overalls, all dirtied up with brush work. ;) The morph is Norma Jean for Dawn, and she's part of the Morning Soul WIP package that I'm also working on still. The skin is Aether Dream's Sinead character. Full credits are on the media page.

View media item 2807

That's a wonderful render. Norma Jean is a very pretty morph for Dawn.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I like it. It's very surreal. Plus she looks like she's having a good time. I like to see people happy.
Thanks! I mostly just wanted to have a background for the picture and found that! lol. Been working on the carousel poles and wanted to show them off.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
It has been a while I wanted to make a business blazer for Dawn, and today I took some time to make something up. It's just simple colors, no textures, with a simple blouse underneath. The rigging is still rather rustic, but posable. Good enough for a test render. Cats wanted to try it out first. ^___^

TestRender.jpg

Giokebox

Motivated
An Enthusiatic Cheerleader

No matter if the court is crowded or not, Alexis' enthusiasm is the same.

Done in Daz3D 4.9. Rendered on Iray engine.

3D Universe Alexis was enhanced by Virtual World Monica for Dawn Iray mats. Used her own Alexis' native hair. Cheerleader outifit is Spirit Champion for Sora.
Everything can be found here at Hivewire3D.

An Enthusiastic Cheerleader.jpg

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Fantastic render. So when are you going to write that digitally illustrated novel?

Thanks. And you know it's funny, because I actually did just start writing again recently. And I've toyed on and off with the idea of making renders of the characters to go with the story, especially since I don't like spending lots of time trying to describe what a character looks like. But first I'd either have to find some good celtic clothing or make some ;)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Are Dusk's arms the same length? Maybe it's not too wide for his arms.

The one thing I think of when you mention the size, however, is surfboards are long, so if the width were a little narrower, and the length longer, it might look a bit more realistic. Think of it being "almost" as tall as her if you sink the flat end in the sand so it's standing up next to Dawn. Not sure if it would be the same height or not. Find some surfer photos, and see how they measure up with their surfboards.